Rate your Mazda salesman...

rockett

As I sit here writing this I can't stop thinking that my poor M5 is sitting in a parking lot with no one to love on it nor drive it for that matter. So as I try to divert my attention I wonder what people's experience was while buying their car.

From a scale of 1 - 10 how would you rate your salesman (10 be the highest)? I would rate mine an 8 for sticking in there the whole time. I'm very hard headed and he basically walked a trench between his office and his manager.

My experience was 5 very long hours of dealing with my salesman, not to mention that my 5 1/2 month old and my wife were there the whole time. My baby girl actually took 3 naps during this time. She was supposed to be my trump card when she started screaming bloody murder, but that never came. In the end it all seemed to work out.

I would give mine an 8 also. He did a good job of making up for the HORRID staff at the dealership. A little back ground info is needed:

He called us at around 5pm on a friday and said the paper work was done all we had to do was drive in and sign it and they would put the drive off tags on it and we could leave. So we finally made it to the dealership at around 6:30 only to be told by another salesman that a manager had driven the car home for the night. Strike 1! So i was insta-pissed about it but decided just to head home instead of tearing anyone within a 1/4 mile radius of me a new one.
The next morning the salesman called me and asked what happened with teh car. I told him what i was told when i got to the dealership. He said he would ask around and give me a call back. About 5 minutes later i was back on the phone with him. He told me that another salesman had sold it. So now on top of selling my car they lied to me! Strike 2!
Two days later when i was calmed down enough i called the salesman back and told him my wife was still interested in the other color they had on the lot (The one she really wanted was the Phantom Blue, the other was the Cardinal Red). At this point the salesman figured if he planned on making the sale to me he had better give me a good deal; which he did. Through out the entire ordeal he worked his butt off to get us answers and to make it up to us. We actually got an apology from the General Manager and the salesman that sold the car out from under us. So he gets an 8. As for teh dealership....2 (it would be a 1 but they had free popcorn, which my kids used to make a mess on the last day we were there). (fu)

I have a trusted mazda dealer named mike buetell who is honest and the best salesman i know of whom I had bought 2 mazda3s from. Unfortunately I ended up buying the 5 at a different dealer because it was gonna be a month until he got them. After I went to MI. to get the 5 I realize how great my hometown dealer is. To this day the SESI Mazda in ypsilanti, MI has yet to mail me the front license bracket as he promised. Brown Mazda in Toledo=10
SESI Mazda =6 (all 6 points coming from having the mazda5's before anyone else) 2 points deducted for being an ass and lying to me. The other 2 points for ripping my ass of on a trade in of an 04 Mazda3 S HB with soonroof\6cd\auto with 17k miles, as they gave me 12500 for it ...12500!!!!)

Quirk Mazda a 6

Overall I had an OK experience as dealers go.

I got a 2 month old rep that knew nada about the Mazda5 and couldn't stop worrying about his future at the dealership since he was new and had no sales experience and no HS diploma. (-1)

Between trying to drive and "experience" the car and console the poor young sales rep, he made some pretty significant statements and promises he only found out he could NOT keep at the time we were making the deal. I didn't push or call him on it since I've been in sales 20+ years and know how things go when you're trying to make your first sale.

I'll give him a 10 for enthusiasm, he was getting to know the car with me and was pretty excited about fetures and options as we discovered them together...(Mazda...Training? The car came out in June, I bought in September, you'd think they'd train these guys...) (screwy) (-1)

Despite all his broken (outrageous) promises that they couldn't honor and the young sales just realized he couldn't make, they did give me a great deal and a good value on my 2000 MPV. Th young sales rep, promised to get me free All-Weather mats from his own pocket (under the table) for his unkept promises and us not pushing them of bringing up every single one to his boss...Nothing yet, but I have his number and I will be aclling him often... (evil)

Just a blah experience overall. A (-2) nix came when I had to be rather proactive with them about the recall...The only reason they don't get a -3 on this is that they did the right thing off-the-bat and gave me a brand new MPV loaner with 5 miles less than my Mazda5 had when I bought it (15)...

Their service is rated well, I had been taking my MPV there for the past 4 years.

Over-and-out...

Last edited:
7, he helped me with the credit stuff, but didn't know s*** about the car(s)
when i was trading in mine, he said it had the 1.8, but it was the LX, i'm like WTF?, i asked the options of my tribute and he also didn't know s***......

again the good thing was he helped me with my credit, which is new

Back