NOOOO mods coming from Racing Hart...damn.

hi everybody...!
i send an email yesterday to racing hart about a few mods that i would like to make on my car...and there not doing as much as i heard for the Mp3..
look at the email the send back about my question.. :mad:

Hi!
i got three questions..that you might have answer quite oftenly , sorry for
that ,

i would like to know if you'll make some Lowering spring to even drop
more the MP3?

***no, we are making springs to drop non-MP3 Protege's.

and i havent seen on your site if your gonna make a complete cat-back
exhaust for the mp3 are you?? i saw one for the protege sedan es at about
495$, but will it fit my mp3??

****The rear bumper on your MP3 doesn't allow the non-MP3 exhaust to fit without
interference. We are still deciding whether to make a system for the MP3.

and what about an air intake?

***Since the air intake that we developed for the MP3 didn't yield any power
gains, we haven't started work on another version. Beware of others selling
these intakes, ask for proven performance gains.

no lowering springs , not sure they'll make a complete exhaust for us.... and no air intake...
THIS SUKSSS!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Racing Hart made the rims Racing BEAT did the performance mods. Which one did you talk too? Racing Beat's web site said they expect to will have some MP3 parts available for Protege owners. Hopefully they will make addditional types also.

Originally posted by ArcTan2x+k:
<STRONG>Since the air intake that we developed for the MP3 didn't yield any power
gains, we haven't started work on another version. Beware of others selling
these intakes, ask for proven performance gains.

no lowering springs , not sure they'll make a complete exhaust for us.... and no air intake...
THIS SUKSSS!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:</STRONG>

The guy at Racing Hart is doing your dumbass a favor by telling you the truth. Thank him for his help and go on your way. The intake for a low HP car like that will never yield any gains by itself or with minor mods. The intake only helps on cars with higher output. It would be a percentage gain he is telling you that the current intake is doing just fine. If you are looking for looks and that no intake sound then that is another story. Thank him he just saved you some money. If only the dealer was that honest with you when you tried to buy the car.

The guy at Racing Hart is doing your dumbass a favor by telling you the truth. Thank him for his help and go on your way. The intake for a low HP car like that will never yield any gains by itself or with minor mods. The intake only helps on cars with higher output. It would be a percentage gain he is telling you that the current intake is doing just fine. If you are looking for looks and that no intake sound then that is another story. Thank him he just saved you some money. If only the dealer was that honest with you when you tried to buy the car.

Hahahaha

Actually, let me correct a little mis-information here. About the intake not yielding any power gains, that is not entirely true. I spoke to Jim Mederer who was the chief engineer who worked with the MP3 about 3 weeks ago and according to him. There was some gain in horsepower, but not enough to warrant using the cold-air intake they had fabricated. After Racing Beat finished their tuning of the MP3, Mazda would then take the car and run their test. Jim said that Mazda didn't like the codes/feedback they were getting from the ECU while running an intake, so Mazda decided to discard it for the final production model of the MP3.

I'm sure the intake does increase top-end hp, and makes a good deal of torque in the mid-range, you loss would most likely be a few ponies at the very lowest part of the revband, just as seen in most other cars running a cold-air intake. But by all means any intake will definately make a difference on any car. "More air, less restriction". That is the rule of thumb when looking to unlock HP. I don't know who you talked to at Racing Beat , but they aren't 100% correct in saying that an intake doesn't help. Jim told me that it won't take off like a full second off you 0-60 or anything, but it will definately add to the fun factor of the MP3.

Forget about Racing Beat... There are other companies that make the intake... Check COrksport or Mazdamotorsports... Or U can get the one I have from Monsterflow... I'm not gonna say if it made a difference without dynoing it first but from past experiences intakes always help... my .02 cents ...

Hey stud man, no offence but you do not know what the **** you are talking about. Your comment about any intake making a difference on any car is false. The engine needs a certain amount of air, for lower out put applications the intakes actually cause a reduction in low end HP with no proven gain on the top end. For the higher output applications the intakes do help because they need more air and they are currently being restricted. For this case on the MP3 there is no gain to be had from adding the intake and will more than likely result in less bottom end HP and will probably throw a light. It is the marketing of these companies that have people fooled. Sure they work on the larger higher out put engines but no on lower output cars as a single mod. I will give you that they look cool and make a “neet” noise but as far as functional they are not.

Informer:
Read the article Sport Compact Car did on intakes. They tested just about every single intake available for the mid-90's Civic. Most of them made power, at the top end. Most intakes are marketed by saying how much power they add on the top end, that's why they show big numbers. It usually does come at the loss of lower end power. The Civic doesn't have a "larger higher output engine" and it made more power.

And as for parts from Racing Beat, the springs they are offering for the Protege ES are basically the same springs in the MP3, they might lower the car a half inch more than the MP3, but that's it. So, he was saving you money. Why buy something you already have?

The exhaust can fit, if you modify the muffler already on your car, or the one that comes with the exhaust. You just have to work it out.

Basically, the MP3 is a modified Protege ES. Just about everything made for the Protege ES should fit the MP3. The only thing that I can see needing any changes to fit would be a cat-back exahust, because the MP3 muffler sits a little off from where the stock Protege muffler sits. And that change happens where the exhaust pipe attaches to the muffler. So, the Bosal or the Racing Beat exhaust will fit, you will have to modify the MP3 muffler to keep the same size tubing all the way through, or modify the muffler that comes with the exhaust so that it sits in the right spot.

And APEXistud was right about what Racing Beat said for the intake that was taken off. That's why if you want an intake, ask them for the dyno charts up front. Then ask if it screwed with the ECU. The only intake I have scene that might cause a problem is the AEM, and they said (sales guy on the phone) that it didn't screw with the ECU any. A cold air intake shouldn't give a problem.

Latest posts

Back