Who has the best loaner?

the_saint

50% borikn
:
OG Mazda5
Well, as long as we are going to have to suffer without our babies (sad2) , we might as have a little fun with it. (silly)
Post pics of your loaner/rental.

Here's mine.

Attachments

• IMG_0606.JPG
    IMG_0606.JPG
    106.1 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_0603.JPG
    IMG_0603.JPG
    131.3 KB · Views: 219
i got sentra when my car was in for warranty work (no Mazda5, but Tribute)

Attachments

• Front.JPG
    Front.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 176
  • back.JPG
    back.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 150
  • side.JPG
    side.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 159
  • inside.JPG
    inside.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 159
the_saint said:
Well, as long as we are going to have to suffer without our babies (sad2) , we might as have a little fun with it. (silly)

Here's mine.
so far you have the best loaner, lol

I called my dealer today to b**** about getting a neon for a loaner and low and behold they told me to bring it in and they gave me an '06 grand cherokee with like 1k mileson it.It's nice but it's a bit to big. I like the size of my 5.

the_saint said:

My loaner looks similar to yours (silver Mazda6), except I got a base 6i sedan with no spoiler.

<cry>

I miss my 5, this Dodge is pissing me off.

BTW Fam - I hope your "rental" doesn't catch on fire... you've been notified and asked to bring it in so I suspect it'd be your own problem if it did! (headshake

Last edited:
Midget Mazda

After turning in my Mazda5 my dealer gave me a Mazda3; which has to be one of the most cramped cars I have ever driven. I called them back and said if my car was going to be with them for a month i needed something bigger. After 3 days i'm finally gonna get a Mazda6 from a rental car company. I'll post pics of my current and new replacement car. Next mission; Get some REAL info from Mazda on this freakin recall.

I dont want it to catch fire either but its not going to unless some canadians find out where I live. :) Mazda asking to bring your vehicles in for a recall does not stop any lawsuits or liability they would have in any circumstance. I can easily make a case as to why I didnt bring my vehicle in (no mazda equivalent replacement given { mpv or tribute }. no parts available for 30 days, the list could go on and on. Im usually a push over and really nice, but on this issue im not going to be pushed around to drive dodge. If I trusted dodge\ford I would have bought one to begin with. A 6 is too small unless its the wagon for what we must have. I may call the number on the recall and email tonight to tel them the situation to "document" their neglect.

I have the same loaner as Saint - I'm so short that the rear spoiler sometimes blocks my view. I have to say - so far - I'm not impressed. I asked if they had something that was a stick shift and they laughed at me. I ended up taking my 5 to a closer dealer than the one that I bought it at. They had never even seen a manual trans 5!!

Sheez, I miss the roominess of the 5 - even in the 6 I feel totally cramped. Also, the 6 doesn't feel nearly as responsive as the 5 did - maybe the 4 speed automatic just doesn't compare to the peppy 5 speed. Oh, well. I'll probably call tomorrow and ask if they can get me into an MPV.

I have a 2005 Explorer XLT 4WD and I love it. If not for the crappy MPG I would buy one. IMO it's a sweet ride compared to my Mazda 5. This recall is the third time it's been into the dealership in 2300 miles. I WANT TO GIVE IT BACK!

My car is in shop now for body work from an accident. Gave me 05 Corrola to drive! :( Crappy interior and I feel so high off ground :p

Enh..I've only gotten a Kia Rio, Civic EX, and an Accent when my car was in the body shop.

I have been asking for an MPV and yesterday called mazda customer support and they have now got me an mpv. Im picking it up tomorrow.

MPV is no zoom-zoom

the_saint said:

Here's mine.

Picked up my MPV loaner this morning. Brand new 06 LX with 27 miles on it. Very pleased with my dealers attention to this matter. It's the type of service that makes me happy that I purchased from them.

But I miss the 5 even more. There is nothing Zoom-Zoom about the MPV. It drives soft and big. I'm guessing the ES version is much tighter.

I was going to drive it into work but I decided to pawn it off on my wife and take the 3. The 3 platform is stunning. I am so happy Mazda decided to use it for the 5. You can really feel the difference. The more I drive my 3 the more I appreciate it's engineering and design.

My wife called me at lunch and needled me about sticking her with the boring silver mini-van. She never wanted a mini-van and loves the 5. Now she agrees with me that the 5 may look a little like a minivan, but it defintely doesn't drive like one.

Damn.

Back