Want to see good ol Raz dusty mp3?

Razhael

LOL, i just noticed mhp finally posted the pics of my car that they told me they were going to put on their site, they are on the installation link for the cai, first pics are of a p5 but the others are of my mp3, didnt have tints in those days, and it was quite a drive to denton so i guess that justifies how dirty my car was :D

I have the same MHP intake. I have noticed the most difference from about 3750 rpm to about 5500rpm. You can hear the roar of the intake at full throttle between these RPMs. At idle the front of the car hisses and when you goose the throttle you can hear the car suck in the air if you have your window down.

Tim

Did you lose any on the bottom end??? Im just wondering if i should get that one or the short one? I dont want to lose my low end!!! :eek:

I've heard that the Computer on the MP3 had trouble with the warm air from under the hood. That was part of the reason the prototype MP3 from racing beat didn't have one. So I wouldn't suggest the short one. I would go with the cold air from MHP or injen.

Tim

wonderful system, i like it a lot, BUT, lately i have been kind of dissapointed at this car, but that doenst mean i dont recommend the CAI

ok here it is:

1. If u do highway driving once in a while u would be crazy by now due to the windshield whistling.

2. Im notizing more rattles and i dont like it.

3. Got beat by a Focus last night! :mad: and a corolla gave me some hard time too! :(

Anyway, i love the car, great handling, great sound system, kills everything out there in the looks department, exclusivity, BUT, i thought i could live with the low power issues, i mean @ the beginning i felt good coming from a stock 1993 miata to this was feeling way more power, but, lately i do feel myself stuck with a powerless car... now, im not the kind of person that wants a stupid, bad looking, heavy car that just can drag race, im not looking for 500hp, but im not buying a car under 200hp again, i mean, i bet the kiddo in the corolla didnt spend something even close to what im spending in this car.

In short, i want more power, but with the handling of this car, and the stereo! so im looking forward paying this car soon and waiting what the reviews of the rx-8 have to say.

[ 10-24-2001: Message edited by: Razhael ]

this is where i want my red line to be! :
24rx8-mtp.jpg

Just a few questions for you Rahzel... Have you looked into a dyno yet? It would be nice to see where you're at. Have you thought about experimenting with different spark plugs? Could possibly give you 3-6 hp depending on what gas you use. Have you thought about buying an S-AFC and tuning the car on a dyno? Guarantee you'll see about at least 5hp and you'll have a cool looking fuel computer in the car for people to stare at. Last question, what kind of motor oil do you use? Full synthetic or conventional? Also, what's the weight of the oil? 5w-50, 10w-40, 20w-50 etc. Remember cheap little mods like spark plugs, different motor oil, etc. can add HP to your power band. And by dynoing the car, you can document and compare the differences in your power curve to see what mods did what and where they made the biggest difference. Just my 02. cents, and yes I know not everyone is into tuning the balls out of their cars, I sure as hell am though.

Back