MSD ignition yes or no

I think it depends on all you plan on doing with the car...

Personally, I think there are better options to look into particularly if you want a turbo or use nitrous.

I've read a few magazines that used the Electromotive TEC II programable system in a project car, and it worked well. It takes care of everything and you can keep the stock computer so that the gauges and warning lights still work like stock. The TEC II can run forced induction well, particularly after-market. Plus you don't have to screw with multiple piggy back systems when you up-grade parts. You just plug in the computer and re-program everything to get the best out of it.

It can also give you nice improvements even with simple bolt ons.

On the down side, it's kind of expensive and you need a good dyno operator to get it set-up. In the end I think it's worth the money though to have reliable horsepower with after-market parts.

There are also some other companies that offer similar products. I think Haltech is one.

Just MHO...

have you ever checked out jacobs elecctronics they have a preety nice set up to.the best thing about the MSD set up is its just a basic ignition no programing necessary just plug in and go.I had a DHS system on my honda on good working day's the car would go 12.70's.But when the DHS was on its peroid 13.40's was all icould get out of it.Well thanks for the feedback.

Back