Got my Injen CAI installed..

mp3girly

:
2001 Mazda MP3 #719
And WOWWWWWWWWWW!!

It's loud! You can hear it soo well in the high RPMs and it whines a little and then when you shift it sounds like a freaking turbo blowoff valve, hehe!

And! The difference in power is noticable! I had to change the way I shifted a little bit because it was so different. I'm thoroughly amazed with what the CAI does..

But when you look at the MP3's stock intake.. wow.. it's like a senic tour of the engine before the air actually gets anywhere, hehe.

So I really, really recommend Injen! It's a b**** to put in, but it is so worth it.

^_^

BTW, I think that the Injen looks freakin' sharp compared to the MHP. I'll get some pics ASAP, maybe tonight at the races. And stuff. Yep.

^_^

Thanks mp3girly, I was debating on whether to get the Injen or MHP.. I like both of their looks, but now I think I'm going for the Injen, thank's for helping me make up my damn mind. :)

Make sure you look at, I think it is procarparts.com. They have it for $206 + $13 for shipping. That is the cheapest on the web. I'm making my own in a week or so. I ordered the pipes from JC Whittney last week. They should be here soon. I'm gong to paint it red. I can't wait! But check out that site before you order. :D By the way, did you ever find any baby blue hoses or wire looms? I put some more stuff on my engine, it look really good now.

Mine was a Christmas gift, so I don't really know.. but my mom called Injen, I think, and asked about the CAI.. then got the store locations around here.. she ended up getting one sent to a Toyota dealer, which sold Injen stuff, and we had to go pick it up. So yeah.

And glad I could help, Chikn. ^_^ I took my car out again today to show some friends, and the CAI performed perfectly. It's given my MP3 the low-ish growly sound it needed. A good exhaust will make it just totally amazing. :D

Hey Ben, I went to one of the Nopi stores in Atlanta yesterday, saw some blue hoses, but no baby blue ones. I think I am just gonna get blue and white hoses instead of just one color and paint my bar either blue or white.. hell I may paint it blue AND white.. :) I got some Razo light bulbs while I was there and now I am looking for the fog light bulbs (saw some on ebay). I love that blue color they give it. Working on getting the intake, gotta see if I have enough money after bills next week. :)

Ben, who gave you the idea of the intake? :)

I just did some work on the MHP intake (alluminum) and it was just kinda thrown together. It could have been the original shop that installed it but, if I were to go out and buy one (AEM Short Ram, Injen CAI, or MHP) I would go with the Injen.

Just my 2 cents on this.

Mike http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mazda_protege5

(And if you wanted to know. Custom made CAI, lights, Racing Beat springs, tint, audio system (Radio (Pioneer Priemier), Amp (MTX Thunder 5 channel), Oz separates in front (5 1/4), Oz co-ax rear (6 1/2), sub (JL Audio), alarm with car start (Viper) (Car is stick), MP3 engine cover, Handsfree car kit for Motorola Startac (s6965) with Panavise custom mount with glass mount (no external antenna) (Don't know why I did this)

Oh yeah, Tina, I think blue and white would look real good. I got my Racing Beat stickers in the mail the other day. They look shart right under the MP3 badge. They were white though. I wanted red but I guess they didn't have them. I might take the ones I have left to Sign World and get some made. I'm thinking about getting a bunch made and selling them on Ebay. I also put one on my strut bar. I'll post the pics on the site sometime today. Oh yeah, Autozone has the blue hoses. Blue hoses and white wire looms would look good. :D

I got two of the red and blue, and two of the white. I just put the white on the side of my car. I'll probably go get some red ones made. But when I put the red and blue one on my strut bar, the red "Racing" part doesn't show up well. I might get a yellow one made. :D

I gotta be different. I like put my personal touch to things,...makes my car look dfferent from the rest. ;)

Yeah MP3Girly's car sounds bad ass. The intake looks alot better, it really freed up the engine bay. I don't know what it is with the chirping sound but it is really cool. It makes me love that care even more.

Back