Under drive Pulleys????

Not yet, but I had heard that if enough of us (and Protege5 owners) show interest, Unorthodox Racing will produce pulleys for us. They do have pulleys for theolder Proteges, but not ours yet. Wait a while and see, or go to their site and mail them...

I am going to let Unorthodox racing use my MP3 as a model to make their pulley for our cars so I'll let you guys know how things go... They are also going to install the intake and exhaust cams which I ordered from Corksport... :D

Duckie where is Unorthodox racing, just wondering, and let me know how the cams go and if you get the cel :D ;) , oh and try to put youre car on a dyno :)

Wow Duckie, that's great! We will remember your car'sacrifice always....err haha j/k.

So, if everything works out, we'll be able to get some pulleys after they test them on yours. Sweet! Oh yes, and please give the car a dyno after the cams...ya just HAVE ta let us know! Those are my future mods too, ut I wanted to run under the warranty just a little while longer before I started opening up the engine. Let us know if it's worth it! Good luck. :cool:

LOL and it took them a whole decade to learn how to post a message on a board. They still need to work on the vocabulary though. Maybe reading a book or leaving the farm for the big city once in a while will help.

I resolved not to pay attention to losers like that, but I just had to respond one more time, couldn't help it... :D

Time for a little reality check here. Cams alone will not give you a 20hp gain. Not even to the flywheel. Gains such as those are reserved for cars that have forced induction. It is very difficult to unlock hp from an NA car. Look at Honda, Nissan, Ford Focus for example, you're lucky to see a 7-10 hp gain on some of those on a mild cam profile. Some of the hard core bump sticks (cams) can give you 16-20 hp, but your car will idle like shi** and you will lose your daily drivability. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see some one throw on the header and cams, but I hope they realize they will be driving a different car, it will no longer sound or drive the same. Just my .02 cents

Well, on the Mazda Motorsports site they list the intake cam as being worth 12hp (crank or wheel, dunno, but they probably mean crank). The exhaust cam does not have a hp listing though.

Supposedly the FSZE has these cams along with headers for the 30hp gain over our cars, but maybe I am forgetting some other parts...just FYI

Cams alone will not give u 20 hp... but it definitely is the best bang for the buck next to the headers and high compression pistons... the cams are from the FSZE engine which gave it the 30 hp that our US MP3 lack... together with the headers, and pistons... Besides it isn't that expensive ... I'll only know if it helps or not by installing them and then dynoing it... I rather find out for myself then to listen to other peoples opinion which is not even proven... if i'm wrong then I will give credit where credit is due... Besides cams and different parts work differently on different cars... its all about experimenting... One of the main reasons why i bought the car was its rareness and that I wanted something to play with and hook up without looking like every other civic or integra... its been 6 months since I got the car and I've only seen one in the city and he's from New jersey... :)

Oh yeah I forgot all about the pistons...my bad...yes, the Japanese spec has pistons, headers, and cams for 30 hp, now I remember...thanks for the correction! Like you, I'll be doing some experimenting with the cams and possibly the pistons as well. But that will have to wait for a bit coz I don't want to open up a car that's still so new. But that's just me. I can't do the headers coz the emissions laws won't allow me to remove the headers (and hopefully the cams won't fail emissions, though that is a risk also). Good luck modding, and please let us all know what you find out if you do it before I do! :D

hey duckie, u have the fs-ze or the USA stock engine? if so, what r the parts numbers that u ordered from corksport, i see theres for the j-spec and for the normal 2.0

i will be interested in the pulleys too.

Has anyone gotten a latest word on the underdrive pulleys? This will release some horsepower, especially for low end, so you get a CIA and under drive pulleys you will improve both high end and low end. Anyone getting this done to there car? Duckie? :confused:

I wrote to corksport and this is what they replied. Its not much but it is a start.

I think they will be working on one soon.

Ben

At 09:56 AM 11/6/01 -0600, you wrote:
>I was wondering what i should do to get some Underdrive pulleys made for my
>2001 Mazda MP3, Thank you and if you have pricing or any hp gains? let me
>know thanks again, Brad

My friend said that we could just use Ford underdrive pulleys that cost around $95.

would the underdrive pullies from the Zetec fit. there about 2 or 3 different ones for the Zetec and they run about 95 - 105. af/x and esslinger make them

Back