Back In Shop For 2nd Time in 1300 miles!

Tim H.

This is the 2nd time my Mazda 5 has been in the shop in 1300 miles. It's my second weekend without the car and I am very unhappy. It starts fine 95% of the time then will suddenly not start. It turns over but acts as though it's out of gas. They replaced the fuel pump and did pressure testing ect. The dealership has been very helpful and Mazda might send up a tech this week to work on it. Stayed tuned!

Tim H. said:
This is the 2nd time my Mazda 5 has been in the shop in 1300 miles. It's my second weekend without the car and I am very unhappy. It starts fine 95% of the time then will suddenly not start. It turns over but acts as though it's out of gas. They replaced the fuel pump and did pressure testing ect. The dealership has been very helpful and Mazda might send up a tech this week to work on it. Stayed tuned!

Wow! Good Luck. Lemon maybe?

I'm thinkin'(hoping) so. I've got 1800 miles clocked on mine and not a single lick of problems.

Wow!! I've got about 1500 miles - no issues to note - except that I still love driving it!! I hope that the dealer can figure out what the issue is.

Having to put it in the shop would totally bum me out. I had a pretty souped up miata that I loved - but a couple "projects" kept it off of the road for some of the summer - just the hassle of not being able to drive it caused some loss of love there. I ended up selling it before I got the 5.

I've got 1100 miles on mine and no problems on mine either.

Tim H.: Hopefully yours gets fixed permanently this time. Good luck!

Tim H. said:

I had this friend once who had problems with his car every few weeks... It would be very hard to start, and run really bad for a day or two, then be fine for a couple more weeks...

He found out later, his wife did not pay much attention at the gas station, and would put a couple gallons of diesel once in a while..... (hand)

Latest posts

Back