POWERDYNE SUPERCHARGERS

cfbjr

These guys have been making a great supercharger for years for the Mustang and other cars. They have one in a prototype for the Civic so I called them up and asked if they would consider any other import vehicles such as the MP3. I told him there is apretty large group of us with these cars looking for a complete supercharger kit like they sell. He said it is a possibility if someone would be willing to let them use the car for about six weeks. They are in Lancaster,CA I am in Sacrmaneto and while that's not close I might be willing to do it. That would lead to there being a kit be produced by them for our cars. I would be motivated to do this just because #1 I would get mine for free since I let them use my car for so long. and #2 cause I would love to have a bunch more power! He also asked me about the amount of space available in the engine bay and I said there is a condsiderable amount with the air intake plumbing out of the way. He said that was the problem they were having with most imports like the Civic is that there is not a lot of room to work with under the hood. In that respect I think we have an advantage. I am not familiar with a whole lot of engine bays on newer imports but I think we do have a little more elbow room in there(?). Anyway he said to email the sales manager at powerdyne@powerdyne.com and ask him about the possibilities. He also said it wouldn't be a bad thing if others who were interested in the same thing email him as well. The more the better so come on guys! Fire up that email client and hit em up!!
You might be able to get a hold of them by phone as well at (661)723-2800. Their website is www.powerdyne.com
:D

I wrote an email begging them to build a kit and even offered my car as the sacraficial lamb! Anyone else interested in offering up their vehicle as a guinea pig for them? I'm probably a six hour drive away from them. They are in Lancaster. CA(90 mi. east of L.A.). Write them an email about your interest at powerdyne@powerdyne.com! make sure you let them know it will not just fit our engine but the Pro 5 and ES as well!

What kind of supercharger are they using, is it an Eaton type roots blower or a Vortech kind?

Nevermind, I probably just answered my question when I realized I could read AND comprehend. "How much room behind the motor where the intake manifold is" probably means roots type blower.

Scratch that, after looking at the site it is a centrifugal supercharger (like what Vortech makes)...SCC had an article about the different types of superchargers, and a lot of people think the centrifigual design combines the worst part of a turbo (no low end power) with the worst part of a supercharger (parisitc drag at idle). I'd like to see what there kit does down low before buying...

Here's the article if you wana look:
http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/archives/tech/tech02_0701.jsp

[ 11-17-2001: Message edited by: ChrisS ]

One stupid question: How much is the supercharger in General? What other possible modifications do I need in order to make my car run smoothly?
:confused:

Nevermind...
Once again we've been shot down. They've decided not to make anything for any Mazda vehicles. :rolleyes:
I think that's a serious mistake! Any smart company would jump on this change to make huge dollars!
Oh Well!

Back