Mazda5 One day old already in shop!!!

I've had car less than 24 hours and it already needs the master cylinder replaced. Hopefully this will be the first & last issue with car.

E Richardson said:
I've had car less than 24 hours and it already needs the master cylinder replaced. Hopefully this will be the first & last issue with car.

Sorry you've had such bad luck. Did you test drive your car before taking delivery of it? I'm curious to know if this was a "pre-existing" problem, or did it happen all of sudden on the day after you picked up the car?

Happened after i picked up vehicle. I drove the other 5 on the lot today and it was fine. Earl

smaria said:
Sorry you've had such bad luck. Did you test drive your car before taking delivery of it? I'm curious to know if this was a "pre-existing" problem, or did it happen all of sudden on the day after you picked up the car?

E Richardson said:
Happened after i picked up vehicle. I drove the other 5 on the lot today and it was fine. Earl

Geez...

Hopefully they'll get this fixed and then you'll have no more problems.

This explains your soft pedal problem.
I'm sure it's just an isolated incident...

....or at least I hope it is.

E Richardson said:

No sure itf this is related but I noticed when I first pciked up my 5 the pedal was nice and stiff and braked high. After driving a little it's dropped and is softer. I just figured it was the brakes working in and adjusting.

What were your symptoms?

Brakes had a dead spot half way through pedal depression and you had to press brakes alot further than you would expect to get car to stop.

tsturm said:
No sure itf this is related but I noticed when I first pciked up my 5 the pedal was nice and stiff and braked high. After driving a little it's dropped and is softer. I just figured it was the brakes working in and adjusting.

What were your symptoms?

that really sucks man. I hope this is just an isolated problem, and if not they better start recalling fast.

mazdaspeedpower said:
that really sucks man. I hope this is just an isolated problem, and if not they better start recalling fast.

I wouldn't be worried. Every manufacturer has their sample defects, that is the reason for the warranty. Sounds like the part was marginal out of the factory. Mazda could have received a bunch of defective cylinders from their supplier. As long as they take care of it quickly

I bought one of those "indestructable" Nextel phones (the guy was telling me he has driven over them and they still work) the other day. I get it home, start charging it. It won't take a charge, says invalid battery, won't work etc.
Moral of the story, defects happen. It's how they take care of the defect that counts.

E Richardson said:

I love my 03 Protege5, but after taking a 5spd Mazda5 for a test drive today, I really must have one... But I will have to wait a year or two before that happens..

You see, I have a firm belief in never buying a first year model vehicle, and prefer to buy a car that is in it's last model year before a redesign...

The first year for any car is like prototype testing for a car maker... Most of the significant mechanical problems and owner complaints are engineered out in the second year of production... Even better, a vehicle that has been around for 4 to 5 years has all the bugs worked out..... just in time for them to start the process all over again..

Plus, while everyone is waiting to get their hands on the brand new prototype would be lemons, I'm getting my last years model for thousands off the sticker price.... That is how I got my $18,760 MSRP Protege5 for $14,235 back in 04.... Not a single problem or complaint yet....

Come on 2008 models, so I can get a good deal on a 2007 Mazda5 Sport in Silver with a 5spd.... Heck, by then there will be all kinds of aftermarket goodies to buy with all the money I will save.....

Ain't life great!!!

solid_snake said:
my tribute is in the shop since yesterday because of electrical problems, this is the 1st time it's in the shop for warranty work

OK................ and?

E Richardson said:

Good thing it was less than 24 hours, or you might have been out of warranty!

CRISPY5 said:
OK................ and?

and........He was just relating to your situation, Or saying your 5 is a piece of s*** comapred to the tribute if you just got it, and already have to take it in for work...

J dragon said:
and........He was just relating to your situation, Or saying your 5 is a piece of s*** comapred to the tribute if you just got it, and already have to take it in for work...
i just was relating to the situation...and not, tributes had a lot of recalls compared to the 5, and tributes, are ford escapes with mazda badges

Last edited:
solid_snake said:
i don't know, i just want to talk or write s***

That's cool.... Your Tribute is a 3rd year product, thus the lack of service required along my line of thinking....... Bummer you had a problem, kudo's that it took that long to have one though....

I just thought you were trying to make a point, and I didn't get it.... (braindead

I really love this Mazda5, but it would be just that much better if it had a flip up hatch window like your Tribute.... Why most SUV's have them, but Minivans don't is totally beyond my comprehension... I had a '94 Villager that had a back glass that opened, and I used it all the time for hauling lumber and long things.... Without it, the whole freaking hatch has to be open like on my Protege5.... I'd pay $500 if it were an option... Get more use out of that than my stupid sunroof.....

Later.

Back