MSRP:
Price Negotiated:
Price OTD:
Options:

Thanks!

Model:Touring
MSRP:$22,610 (I think)
Price Negotiated:$21k
Price OTD:$21,118, B.S. "Doc. fee" (wedge)
Options:Whitewater pearl, NAV
Tax, tag, & title: $1756

Last edited:
Model: Sport AT, Platinum Silver
Options: Wheel Locks, Dealer-installed Fog Lights
MSRP: $19,185
Price Negotiated: $18,635
Price OTD: $19,281 (this figure includes all tax/title/fees/etc. and a $500 Gerber rebate)

the_saint said:
Model:Touring
MSRP:$22,810 (I think)

If you've got an AT Touring, with NAV and pearl paint charge, MSRP is $22,610...close to what you wrote. Do you have any other options too?

smaria said:
If you've got an AT Touring, with NAV and pearl paint charge, MSRP is $22,610...close to what you wrote. Do you have any other options too?
Well, I was close. Yes it is an auto. Other than those, I have no options.

Model: GT (Canada)
MSRP: $25,000
Price Negotiated:$24,895
Price OTD:
Options:Auto and Air

RODSCALIP5 said:
Just wanted to know what people are paying for their 5's, please post:

Model:
MSRP:
Price Negotiated:
Price OTD:
Options:

Thanks!

Touring No Nav $22,100 (incl Tax, Title, Lic.)

$17,765.00 without tax (6%) and doc. fee but including the other crap. It's a 5-Sport with sill extentions, in-dash 6 cd player and rear spoiler: I offered $17,400 to 2 dealers and ended up at this price. Also after only 1200 miles it's back at the dealer with starting issues. It will not start about 2 out of 10 times without many cranks. My only other complaint is the 17" wheels. I would much rather have 16" for the looks and price.

Tim H. said:
$17,765.00 without tax (6%) and doc. fee but including the other crap. It's a 5-Sport with sill extentions, in-dash 6 cd player and rear spoiler: I offered $17,400 to 2 dealers and ended up at this price. Also after only 1200 miles it's back at the dealer with starting issues. It will not start about 2 out of 10 times without many cranks. My only other complaint is the 17" wheels. I would much rather have 16" for the looks and price.

Wow! Im sorry to hear that. That makes 2 in 1 week. Maybe I will wait until the 07's come out.

Tim H. said:

Starting problems.... WOW (boom05) I didn't expect this problem to even surface especially for a car model that's been around for 5 years outside the US. Let's wait to see how many more problems comes up.

Tim H.:

Try turning the ignition to the ON position, leave it there for about 3 seconds, then turn it all the way to start it. This is especially true for cold starts (e.g. first start in the morning).

mazdafive:

The Mazda5 is completely new (around the world). Yes, it's called the Premacy in Japan but the vehicle is completely new in comparison to the old Premacy.

wongpres said:
Tim H.:

mazdafive:

The Mazda5 is completely new (around the world). Yes, it's called the Premacy in Japan but the vehicle is completely new in comparison to the old Premacy.

Are you also referring to a new motor/ecu/suspension, etc...??

On order -- anxiously waiting.

Just ordered:

Canada spec Mazda5 GT
Air
5-spd
Indigo Blue

MSRP Cdn$25310
Paid Cdn $24750
Not a killer deal, but not bad considering scarcity of this vehicle right now. Also, still a lot of bang for the buck, we think.

Disappointed that they then tried to sneak in $1150 in "hidden" charges in the financing deal -- which I caught. (low-km lease 20000km vs 25000km/yr w/ $0.08/km overage = $400 difference; $500 security deposit; $250 admin fee; all contrary to Mazda Canada website; all removed from deal by them with no hassle once I confronted them). Pity the fools who don't read the fine print. Carling Motors, Ottawa. Shame on them.

Model: Sport
MSRP: $19,330
Price OTD: $18,100 (s-plan)
Options: Auto, 6CD,Spoiler, Side extensions, soccermom image

mazdafive said:
Are you also referring to a new motor/ecu/suspension, etc...??
Motor's roots is 2001 Mazda6, but Mazda tunes it differently for each vehicle application. ECU is Mazda5 specific. Suspension roots is 2003 Mazda3, but again tuned specifically for the Mazda5.

So yes, some components have history on other Mazdas, but referring to "car model", it's new.

Went to a dealer today.... Toronto area in Canada....... saw a black GT with tinted windows. It was the demo and they did not want to sell it............ but we got..... has about 6000 kms .... Has air and auto
Paid $24346 (Can)before tax............. Did I pay too much for a Black cool looking demo???

Out the Door price $30464 (Can) including Rust protection et all the ugly taxes.

Did I get taken.....
Out the door

Back