Leather option on Mazda 5?

Antonio DiMarco

Contributor
:
2010 Mazda CX-9 GT Dolphin Gray
I'm pretty new to the forum, but not to Mazda. I'm on my 5th Mazda and love the car and the company. I'm currently the proud owner of a fully loaded Mazda 3s Black Mica which I purchased last October. I love the car and cannot believe Mazda was able to stuff so much quality and performance in a $20,000 car.

Now I have my sights set on a Mazda 5. We have a Honda Pilot, but the rising cost of gas in the NE is making me think about trading it. The Pilot is an OK car but pretty boring to drive. If Mazda had offered a larger SUV I would have purchased it.

I love the Mazda 5 but, with two kids, prefer leather over cloth. I do not see an option for leather on the 5 and wonder if anyone knows if it will be offered as an option next year? The Leather in the 3 is pretty good after it get's broken in. I'm guessing that Mazda may not offer leather to keep the price down.

Oh and does anyone know if Mazda plans on offering TMPS on the 5? Seems like an odd omission on a family car. I love the added security it provides on my Mazda 3.

Anyone?

I haven't heard any news about the 2007 mazda5's yet - options offered. I have seen that at least one person got dealer installed leather - my dealer said that they could do that for me, but I never asked for a quote. I may call them back and find out a price. There are seat covers available - they look neoprenelike - I'm considering giving them a try. (unless the cost of leather is actually reasonable)

http://www.finishlineperformance.com/cgi-bin/shopper?preadd=action&key=MZ5A1020

After owning the 5 for a month - I have to say that I like it more and more every time a drive it. I don't know how mazda does it. (drive)

Antonio DiMarco said:
I'm pretty new to the forum, but not to Mazda. I'm on my 5th Mazda and love the car and the company. I'm currently the proud owner of a fully loaded Mazda 3s Black Mica which I purchased last October. I love the car and cannot believe Mazda was able to stuff so much quality and performance in a $20,000 car.

Now I have my sights set on a Mazda 5. We have a Honda Pilot, but the rising cost of gas in the NE is making me think about trading it. The Pilot is an OK car but pretty boring to drive. If Mazda had offered a larger SUV I would have purchased it.

I love the Mazda 5 but, with two kids, prefer leather over cloth. I do not see an option for leather on the 5 and wonder if anyone knows if it will be offered as an option next year? The Leather in the 3 is pretty good after it get's broken in. I'm guessing that Mazda may not offer leather to keep the price down.

Oh and does anyone know if Mazda plans on offering TMPS on the 5? Seems like an odd omission on a family car. I love the added security it provides on my Mazda 3.

Anyone?

I saw a link in another forum to www.classicsofttrim.com which appears to offer leather sized for 2 or 3 rows in the Mazda5. Not clear if it's hard to install, or if it's a seat cover that goes over top of existing seat fabric. Anyone know more about this?

Also: We just ordered our '5 but won't get delivery for a month. Canadian owner's manual talks about TPMS. I just figured that the US model would have it too... no? Ours is a GT (Touring) model.

That $290 set of seat covers is looking really good right about now.

Dealer installed good quality black leather in ours. Cost was about $1200. Pictures are in the another forum. Definitely easier to maintain over cloth.

Any word on how aftermarket leather may affect the side seat airbags(not being able to come out), or is this a non-issue?

Back