I am lonely so I will post all news I know of

Jag61180

:
Mazda MP3 Yellow Mica
Turbo for MP3/MP5 in the works from texas @ Rotory performance. (I spoke to the people at synthetic designs today about my graphics that I posted, which installed they are charging me $320, anyways one of the guys there has a friend with a MP3 and he notified me that rotory performance has already put one on a Protege 5 and is tweeking it as we speek. He hinted at a month or so for a kit.)
Ground control springs work!!!! (no matter what other people think, this is a good choice. The Tokico Struts we have are not just stock tokico struts. If you read in the racing beat review they took the struts and reinforced them to handel all the extra stress that is put on them from the sway bars. These struts are more than adequate to handel a little extra from stiffer springs and lower ride hieght. The suspension was tuned perfectly and was worked on by professionals, I would not change anything but the springs, the rest is done.
The CAI from MHP, Just plain and simple BAD A$$.
Unsure On exhaust (header or catback)
Available engine $2000 for 170 hp
Anything else you have, or heard of , or have pics of post.

Help edjucate the Group.

The Tockico struts are actually specially valved, based off of Racing Beat's specs (per Racing Beat), so they are not stock Tockico's. As for the reinforcement, I've heard that most after-market strut bodies have this. The Mazdaspeed ones from Corksport, I've been told do.

The springs, only lower the car about 2/10 of an inch as compared to a stock Protege. The other springs Racing Beat now offers, they lower the car a little more and might be slightly stiffer than the MP3 springs (Racing Beat isn't sure).

The Ground Control springs are basically Eibach springs from the E.R.S line, I think. And the Ground Control coil-over set-up is mostly for looks, not corner weighting like a true coil-over set-up like the one from Mazda Motorsports. Becuase the GC set-up uses after-market springs, it's obviously going to be better than stock.

MHP intake is a 3" pipe, which I think is to big for the Mazda 2.0 liter motor. I think Injen w/ K&N filter is the better option for CAI. I've heard you can also get the AEM by-pass filter for the Injen, it mounts farther up-stream from the filter than the MHP. AEM looks like it might be the best bet for an intake, though.

As for exhaust, Racing Beat is making their own cat-back, which looks like it can be modified to fit the MP3. Bosal makes a cat-back that's supposed to be really good. There seems to be one or two headers, but they replace the cat, and so might not be smog legal (depends on where you live). Mazda Motorsports and Corksport carry them.

Mazda Motorsports and Corksport have cams, intake and exhaust. They might not be smog legal, once again that depends on where you live.

The FS-ZE motor is available imported from Japan through Corksport. It's a used motor with everything, you just need an ECU to run it. Corksport also offers pistons (10.5:1 compression v. stock 9.1:1), so it might be a cheaper way to get power than an engine swap. Mazda Motorsports sells most of what you would need to build the FS-ZE motor new, but it's pricey.

As far as a turbo goes, supposedly Turbonetics has an exhaust manifold. Thomas Knight Engineering is supposed to have as well. Thomas Knight has questionable reliability, I've heard. That "mazdasteve" guy supposedly has one in the works as well. No supercharger yet, that I've heard of.

I'm sure there is more, I just cant't think of anything else right now.

hey jag, wheres rotary perfomance at? i would love to get that damn turbo as soon as it gets available, especially if it close to us so they can install it for me.

Razhael,

I'm not sure, But synthetic design is off of cooper street in arlington and he said it was close by, so I'm guessing also in arlington.

well, i did a search for rotary performance at yahoo and got the rx7.com guys that are in garland, kind of far uh? anyway, i will appreciate if u can keep me updated with any news from that turbo kit

Man we just need some one to get us some high compretion pistons that will give us like 20 to 30 hp, if they are done right, if you wona go the N/a rute,

I was considering the high compression pistons but the sales guy told me the parts are cheap but the labor is very expensive and might not be worth it... I don't know,I might ask around a couple of mechanic shops and see how much they would charge to install the pistons and then reconsider ... If you guys are near the Tri state area and know of a good shop that will charge less than $500 ...then post it here...

Back