Headlights

miatafied

Contributor
:
Mazda5/kidhauler - Miata/fun car
I've seen several posts about people looking to upgrade to HID's - but I was following my hubby home from the dealership tonight and he said that the headlights were pretty bright. I double checked to make sure that I wasn't "highbeaming" him the whole way - but it was just the regular lights w/ fogs.

Actually, we went to a carnival earlier in the evening and when he was pulling up to pick us up - i was thinking that the lights/fogs looked pretty sharp.

miatafied said:
I've seen several posts about people looking to upgrade to HID's - but I was following my hubby home from the dealership tonight and he said that the headlights were pretty bright. I double checked to make sure that I wasn't "highbeaming" him the whole way - but it was just the regular lights w/ fogs.

Actually, we went to a carnival earlier in the evening and when he was pulling up to pick us up - i was thinking that the lights/fogs looked pretty sharp.

It is sharp and bright. No question about it.

Yes, the headlights are very good indeed. But HID would make 'em even better!
And considering how sharp the cut off is there shouldn't be much blinding going on unless you have the headlamps aimed way off or you have a load of stuff in the back.

ahh, I thought that people wanted HID because the stocks weren't good - but it's just because HIDs are COOLER! (ricer)

miatafied said:
ahh, I thought that people wanted HID because the stocks weren't good - but it's just because HIDs are COOLER! (ricer)
Not neccesarily. If you can see, say, 60 yards ahead with the factory halogen lights at night but you could increase that(lol)to 120 yards with the HIDs, wouldn't you change to the HIDs? Plus they require less juice to run, which means more juice for the stereo. (rockon)

The coolness is just a side effect (ricer) (rlaugh)

Back