Straight Pipe

Does anyone know if it's possible to bypass the Cat. Converter and go straight pipe without actually removing the Cat. I'm thinkin i could just reconnect it when i get the emissions done.. What y'all think? Adds horsepower plus better sounding exhaust... Just a thought-

have a test pipe made, with it being flanged on both sides. easy 4 bolt take on and off. for the day. easy.
may sound bad, but the easyest horsepower you can put on.. should run around $80.. Ask them to remove the second muffler hehe. :D

Has anyone seen that burrito they call a cat at the end of our jumbled eshuast manifold?? well..... i havent but i hear its a B#&*@%!! dont know if i can curse on this thing. Anyway i hear that its a bad deal we got goin with teh headers, so if anyone knows anyhting i would love to hear, but i dont htink its going to be as easy as you think. just my $.02 :D

well just to give you an idea i had a header that removed the cat and a straight through muffler on my ZX2 (2.0l motor also) the resinator we removed also. let me just tell you the thing was crazy loud. people could here my miles away. it was cool at first but the sound started to get anoying. the nly good thing about it, was that it always put my son to sleep. personally if i do headers to this car i want to stay legal and as close to tree huggin hippy happy as i can

I'm not real worried about keeping it tree huggin hippy happy, the world will be ok, but i do want to be able to pass emissions... Person i know has no cat. converterS and no mufflerS and he passed emissions... (Legal limit 999 Nitroger parts/million, he had 993) if he can pass im sure i can...

Originally posted by Mp3AtlantaGa:
<STRONG>Explain... What is a free-flow converter</STRONG>

Well, it wouldn't be completely free flow as those are only made for certain cars.

But high flow converters are standard makes. It allows a higher flow than the stock converter and a cooling for the engine while still maintaining an acceptable level of emmisions and sound.

Hope this helps. You can probably do a search for high flow converters online and get a load of info too.

Your probably going to want a custom built one to the specific dimensions you need to make it fits right.

I was actually thinking of getting the Mazdaspeed header and then putting a cat on it with a custom exhaust to fit the rest. That is how most Hondas run and pass emissions, so it would make sense that it would pass that way.

Sometimes the "good cars" like the Sport 20 don't come over because of insurance comapnies, not necessarily because of emissions issues. Although the government will use the "Emissions" excuse. And sometimes, the car companies just don't send them over because they don't want to spend the money to make them "street legal" for the U.S...IMO

Back