2nd mazda in the family

tyusha

Contributor
:
Mazda Protege5
Hello everyone. So my folks just got a Mazda5 and traded our honda odysey in. The 5 they got is with touring package, navigation and 6 CD changer. The color is carbon grey. We're picking her up tomorrow, all because my mom wanted lojack for some silly reason. But anyway. I haven't seen the car yet, but i am excited for them. I'll post some pics tomorrow.

Congrats on the purchase. I have a white touring with nav.
I think the 5 will shape up to be a pretty decent vehicle. The nav system it pretty cool...altough it's the first nav system I've ever used, so I'm easy to impress...it has an automatic re-routing system where if you ever miss a turn it will automatically figure out how to recover. It's pretty cool.

Are't lojack systems pretty out dated? With the alarms you can get now you can track your vehicle from your own PC.
Oh well, congrats anyways (cool)

thanks. Yeah lojack is an old invention. I have no idea why my mom wanted it. I don't know of many people who would wanna steal a micro van, even a very cool one. But whatever. We will see.....

Here she is, enjoy : )

Attachments

• IMG_1484.jpg
    IMG_1484.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_1485.jpg
    IMG_1485.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_1486.jpg
    IMG_1486.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_1487.jpg
    IMG_1487.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_1489.jpg
    IMG_1489.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 185
I like the 5. #1 it's a very compact European van, gotta SpaceWagon thing going on. #2 it might be the only van available with a 5-speed? #3 I guess it will take all the turbo-kits available for the Mazda3? That would take sleeper to a whole new level.

Last week on my guitar board, a 40-year old guy with kids was lamenting having to buy a minivan. I strongly suggested the 5 and he checked it out the next day and gladly bought it! Said he loves it.

Yeah. I drove this thing today and i did not feel the any lack of power. I mean it's not fast but it's not underpowered. The handling is what mazda should have pretty much awesome esp. for as spacewagon. Very responcive and crisp. I did not have a problem taking a 25mph ramp at 55. I am sure the toyo tires (205/50/17) help alot.
Overall awesome car even though my parents got an auto.

oh the turbo kits... Although know our 5 will never get turboed i think it would be neet to turbo one. There should be enough space over there to fit one. It will have to be tuned very differently hoever. Right now it's tuned for more torque which make sence. The engine only puts out 158 ish hp. Which i believe is still less than the 3. But correct me if i am wrong.

I looked at that colour pretty closely when I bought my 5, but I opted for the lighter Platinum Silver instead. Carbon Grey is awesome though, looks really good when tinted.

I originally wanted a carbon also, but they didn't have one equipped the way I wanted and I was too impatient to wait. (drive)

Back