blown transmission

genericuser

Contributor
:
96 Miata M-Edition, 2015 Mazda 3 Hatch
it may be possible that my transmission is toast... for a little while now it's been difficult to shift my car into reverse when the car is first started up.. when I finally get it in reverse and then shift into 1st after backing up, I hear a loud thud. last night I couldn't get the car in reverse at all and had to get it towed. My bet is I have a blown synchro and the tranny is toast.. my poor 6 (sad2)

How's the engine mount look? A really badly damaged engine mount makes it very difficult to get the transmission to slide into gear.

engine mounts should be fine.. they replaced them after the car was in the accident.

I have seen the rear mount on the subframe rip off and cause shifting issues.

BlkZoomZoom said:
I have seen the rear mount on the subframe rip off and cause shifting issues.

:eek:

that would suck.. I had rear and front sways installed about a month and a half ago.. they had to do some subframe work.. if thats the case I'm ******.

I feel bad. You're not having much like with your 6, first the suspension issues, the accident and now this (sad2)

Well you can check that engine mount...its directly behind the oil pan. Inspect it for tears or rips in the rubber. (looks like o=O)

Actually the one I had ripped the welds off of the subframe.

Back