Nitrous

L

<Linuxninja>

I Like Razhael below have been bitten by the performance bug. I want to get more power, but am not in the finacial situation to have a custom turbo kit built. I was considering a NOS kit (40-50 shot). The advantage here is that this is on-demand power,and it is cheaper. The on-demand factor is important because it is not always putting wear and tear on the engine. If I go this route I DEFINITELY have to get a better clutch to handle the sudden jolt of power when I pust the ''fun button." Does anyone have any words of advice out there regarding this subject?

Hey "Game" do you have nothing better to do. We all like our cars, thats why we spend our time talking about it here. Now go back to your Chevy POS and let us be.

Ever wonder why they are discontinuing the Camaro???

Tim

LOL!!! :D
i never thought of the day i see flamers on other ppls CAR boards, i mean, is normal to see little kiddos fighting with what video game system is better and stuff. But cars? come on...
somebody better ban that game guy, we dont need an idiot who doesnt have enough fun with his crappy ass chevy and still has time to come to this boards and start talking s**t
go and get a life, who cares about your opinions.

Why I bought my MP3 - AND LOVE IT.
This is the first car I bought. I considered price, style, performance, and overall value and I was looking for a small sedan. The MP3 fit all the categories I was looking for, lacking a bit on the horsepower issue. My friend has a new Eclipse and another has a Mustang. Can I beat them in a drag race - NO WAY!, but that's not why I bought it. Sure I will mod my car to make it better.
In 10 years I bet a first year limited edition MP3 will have a better return on investment than a Camero. On the other issues of style and price I couldn't find a better looking car for the price. If YOU care about speed/horsepower/accleration primarily-buy a Camero and enjoy. I, and other MP3 owners I assume, look for a more complete package in a car.

There is more to a car than horsepower!!!!

Game:
As seen in other threads on this board, you have seen that the 0-60 time for the MP3 is about 8.3 secs. What is for the Camaro?
It' isn't 4.1 secs. I know that. Very few cars in the world can break the 4 second barrier in 0-60.
As for putting nitrous on the MP3. I wouldn't do it. There are better ways to power than using the bottle, you just have to wait a little while for something to come along.

I'm lovin' my MP3, and Game you can't believe why anyone would buy this car? Well they're pretty much all gone now, sellin' like hot cakes. Not everybody is concerned only with straight line acceleration performance. Like my other post in '0-60', I'm just saying we're a bunch of enthusiasts who wanna improve the sweet overall package we got (cornering, sound no stock package can match, and plain old good looks), and that has nothing to do with you and your 5 second Camaro. Yeah, go floor that thing, but watch out for the tight corner up ahead! Missed it? Bye bye! :eek:

And sure the Camaro's got history, but soon it will BE history! :D

Us 'punk kids who know nothing better than to buy a 4 liter 100 hp car' seem to be a plenty, won't you say, grandpa? By the way, get your facts straight before you start posting next time OK? LOL

I don't mean to insult you or your car, but you're on the wrong board. Maybe you were looking for the Camaro page a couple forums over? You love your car, we love ours...you respect us, we respect you. It's that simple. ;)

Hey Game,
Come meet me in the dead of winter and we'll race. While your Chevy POS is doing donuts I will be down the track. The MP3 will hold its own on the skid pad, and will out do the New Corvette and some ferarri in the slalom. I think you have performance confused with speed, there is a difference. And on top of that, you seem to need to have the urge to going a Mazda MP3 group and tell us how 'wrong' we are. If you don't like it, go away!!!

Originally posted by MazdaMP:
<STRONG>so why did several car magazines say that it is better in the corners?
by the way, how can you quote?</STRONG>

If you look above the post that you want to quote at the end of the line of opions is "" click on that.

Performance is not exclusively HP. Consider the amount of money spent and the overall performance of the car. Sure the MP3 doesn't have much HP but in stock form it pulls a .86g on the skid pad. VERY impressive numbers, all for $18,500.

Now let's compare....

02 Corvette Z06.. .93g better but not much, $50,000. I'll pass.
01 SVT Cobra R Mustang .99g, breaking the 1g barrier is a feat. Props the to the Stang, $55,000, again, I'll pass.

We are all here to gather as much information and share out thoughts about the car that we found to be great values, and the same time joined the ranks of a FEW people world wide to own a car like this, when you can say that let's talk.

Hey guys,

How about some info on Nitrous, not how fast the Camero is? You can take yourself to the Camero boards. You know who you are. All my MP3 brothas and sistas, much props.

lol, good job guys I don't think he'll be coming back after the slamming he got here

what the **** is that guy game's problem?, hea game...if u read thins, step away from your computer...walk out to your camaro...and ride your fast ass car to the store...buy this months carand driver...shut up!

OK, let's get back to the Nitrous issue. I would love to throw a "Sneaky Pete" (35-shot). on my car, just for those special Civic SI occasions. But as for the 50-shot, I think you'll be ok. Just don't squeeze all the time. If you do decide to use Nitrous, I suggest you invest in a good ignition system and buy some "coler rated" spark plugs. Goodluck..

Hey APEX....I'm lookin into Nitrous also, maybe also a 50 shot.....any Specifics on the ignition or plugs....brands?....Also, anybody know exactlly WHAT Nitrous kit fits our car?.....I need to have it specific before i make ANY purchases....if yall don't wanna post, please E-mail me....this stuff is need-to-know 4 me....thanx ;)

There are 2 part number for the NOS kit for our. 1 is for 4 cyl. (1.6-2.0L) Part#05122NOS the other is 2.0-2.4L Part #05123NOS. As for plugs while using nitrous, it's gonna depend on how often you use the Nitrous. You'll want to use a colder rated plug if you squeeze a lot, Denso and NGK both offer plug is different heat ranges. You have a few ignition systems to choose from, MSD being the main one. I wish I had more information for you for you, but I haven't the opportunity to dive deeper into the Nitrous idea. Club Si's Nitrous Junkies forum might be pretty helpful. :) I'm also pretty sure other people on this board know quite a bit about it too.

Don't neglect the fuel either. You might need to run a little more gas for that nitrous shot...You don't want to run lean when you use it, that's how nitrous kills motors.

Originally posted by ChrisS:
<STRONG>Don't neglect the fuel either. You might need to run a little more gas for that nitrous shot...You don't want to run lean when you use it, that's how nitrous kills motors.</STRONG>

Yep, Detonation would be a b****!!

:eek:

How much is a full nos kit starter kit? Complete including the nos canster and the fire extinguisher you might need.

I'm asking because we know a FS-ZE engine is 2 large.

Latest posts

Back