My Red Mazda5 is not pink!

fam

:
10 Mazda5 GT AT, 10 Mazda3S GB GT 6SPD
I had thought the red looked pink in pictures....but in person i liked it over the platinum silver since i had owned 3 silver cars in the last 3 years. I got such an a$$ raping (13500 for an 04 mazda3 HB worth 16k) from my trade in i ended up getting a sport instead of touring.

Last edited:
You're right, it's not pink. It actually looks alot better than I thought it would. Is there any pearlescense (sp?) to the paint? Tht might be where people got the idea of it being pink.

At any rate, congrats! (thumb)

yeah its kinda of a metallic maroonish color not red, its even darker than these pictures show.

auto,
My wife will be driving it weekdays while i drive her 3i.

well the seat doesnt go anywhere near as low as my 3. :-( there is no arm rest in the center for the front passenger like the driver has. Other than that, its much stronger than i thought. It feels close to the 3i that's my wifes (2L). They apparently made the 2.3 torquier at low rps and i certainly feel it.

whats the point of buying a new car and going upside down ass raped to buy another new car which is bascially the same hatchback?

Have some kids and you will know that its not the same. Size difference to a parent is HUGE!
I can now put the car seat in easily with the sliding doors, my seat is no longer jammed all the way up so my seat doesnt touch her car seat etc. Rides much smoother, quiter, the list goes on. This car is a different bread than my 3.

I still think it's pink, but congrats nonetheless. I definitely saw one in person, and declined to buy it because of the colour. :)

I think i read somewhere on mazdausa that Canada actually gets the pink units due to their flag being a leaf.

Just messin with ya.

However, some would be happy to know that my UK car magnet wont stick to the hatch anymore because its plastic unlike the 3!

True, i would have liked the "cops can see my a mile away" red. They had a platinum silver on the lot which i liked, but last year in my driveway was a silver 2000 mustang GT, 2000 ZX3 focus (also silver) and her 2000 sunfireGT. She was so fed up with silver that she persuaded me on the way there, i obliged.

Back