Turbo?

Razhael

ok, here we are, enjoying our precious mp3s, having fun, getting nice scores (new car and driver magazine), and some crazy peeps like me already got their intakes running. So as i suspected, i have been infected with the performance bug. Just as it happened with my old miata. Anyway, now that i have the CAI, i want more power, or at least something to be thinking (or saving) about.

So, the fastest and better way to do this is to get a turbo, the problem is that we dont have any available, but i believe we dont even have any on the works. I dont know what kind of turbo did the protege 5 in some show have, but seems like a long time until mazda release something. Its all about demand, i talked to some peep at MHP when i got my CAI installed but they didnt see interested on the issue, but i guess if some of us interested on a turbo put more demand on this guys or others ( i was highly considering the Flying Miata guys, superb turbos that they have for the miata) maybe we can get some nice kit. at least thats what happened with the mhp cai, some dude went there for a custom one and now they have retail ones.

so if u guys r interested, why dont we think of something, emailing some companies, etc.

I am DEFINITELY interested!
However, the 4000 bucks that Z Motorsport
wants for the custom kit are
too much for me :(

If there is an alternative that
more or less goes into the pricerange
for a turbo of an civic - i'm in!!!!

z motorsport? wheres that?
and yeah, 4000 is more in the expensive side, but that depends how much gain are they going to be giving with the kit, for example, the best miata turbo (Flying miata one) is about that price range, but is top quality stuff and gives a lot of performance gain to the car. I dont know if it would be possible to get something cheaper, specially for a custom job, thats why i suggest more demand from our part.

where do I sign?? Count me in on some bitching at people to help make our cars faster. begging even. :D

Yeah, that would be great if someone are making us a turbo. I will definitely interested.

By the way, I wonder if our transmission would able to support 200+hp???

hey mazdamp...you got your cai from z motorsports? dangit how much was it? i want to get mine as well but i dont even know where z motosports is. you wouldnt have the address handy would ya? and does they cai they install look good?

I believe the suspension and braking system must be upgraded to support the turbo boost.
what do you think?

i would say we would need headers and a catback to support the turbo, other than that the kit should come with all the other necesary parts. and im pretty sure the tranny supports 200+hp. brakes would be more of an optional thing, but of course, a good idea if u want to stay in the safe line :D

Hey guys,

Here in Toronto, there's a shop call A-spec that will turbocharge our MP3 for $3500 cdn. I've talked to them already and they need to have your car for about two week. Currently I'm making my own turbo setup using the stock exhaust manifold and a TD04 turbo from an eagle talon. I've cut the manifold already and all I need now is to have a flange welded on so that I could mount the turbo.

@ manuel:
they want 200 bucks for a custom made one...
i don't have the address - i just know where it's at. go 1960 / I45 and then continue on 1960.... then make a right at like the 4th street - well, better don't try it out :)

@DTMP3:
How much is 3500 CAN $? And what would the price be if he had like 3 or 4 pepople ordering?

Its about $2300 US. This is all custom work, hence you have to give them the car for about two week. It is not like a prefab kit.

Anyway, I'm making my own using the stock manifold and a mitsu td04. I'm planning to run 7psi intercooled, which should give me about 200 crank hp.

BTW, for those who are interested,turbonetics inc. actually sells a cast turbo manifold for the FS engine.

well 2500 is pretty nice, but how much of a turbo will they make? like what psi would be running? and also, i believe its going to be difficult to find somebody to provide them an mp3 for 2 weeks, specially if they r in canada....

u guys in houston could do some research, im going to be talking to a friend this weekend that lives in houston and its a lot into performance, maybe he can give me some ideas.

This will be awesome if we get turbo kits out there for our MP3. But, I have a few question which I feel really need to be answered before some poor chum blows his motor running to much boost or smashes his tranny into bits.

1)How much hp/torque can our engines support before they fail?
2)What's limit on our trannies?
3)Are there any after market fuel upgrades available, injectors, pumps etc.?
4)Who makes clutches that have more clamping force?
5)What size turbo?
6)How much boost?

The questions can go on forever. Then we need a test car. And sorry to say guys but realisticly speaking, this can cost as much as $6K or it can be as little as $3K like some of you have posted. But do realize, the less you pay, the less you get. The more you pay the more reliable and safe it will be. Hope I didn't make anyone mad, just watching out for others interests.

well, i agree with you on the one'side, what u pay is what u get...
but then again, those extra 2 grand might
as well wander in the pockets
of some businessperson ;-)
OK, on the weekend i will roll
to Z Motorsports and ask them how
much a 'custom' turbo would be if i order
3 or 4 of them,
they would need each car for about 1 or 1.5 weeks - i already asked him that...

GreetZ

ATTN: <DTMP3> I was wondering how your custom turbo was comming. I live about 2 hours from Toronto and I travel up there alot. I was wondering if you could tell me the adress or phone for A-Spec. 2500 american $ is cheep for a custom build. :cool:

Back