The illusion of space

miatafied

Contributor
:
Mazda5/kidhauler - Miata/fun car
I'm sorry, I know that this has been posted before - but tonight we went out to dinner with some friends. We met at my friend's house and the 5 of us stood there for a few seconds looking at the Audi TT coupe, Toyota Corolla, and the M5 that we had all driven up in. Of course I volunteered to drive (lol2)

It had the appearance of one of those clown cars at the circus. The 5 of us standing outside this smallish car - it really didn't look promising, but we piled in and everyone was surprised that they fit!! Not only were they surprised that they fit - they actually commented that it felt pretty roomy - I guess considering that the 2nd row has the space between them and the guy in the 3rd row had it to himself. (My husband was the tallest of us at 6' tall and I was the shortest by far at 5'2")

We pulled up next to a Matrix at a red light it doesn't look all that much smaller. I feel like when you're inside you get this sense of space that seems impossible when looking at it from the outside.

Just an observation.

I got that same feeling during my test drive. Inside the car seems cavernous, but you get outside and teh car is small again. Maybe this car has one of those "Honey, I shrunk the kids" ray guns hidden inside and it shrinks people when they get in. (dunno)

Back