Comparison Pics

Kaian

:
2006 Mazda5 Phantom Blue Touring
Ok, I still don't have really good pictures to post, but a couple of times I parked next to a car I had previously considered, and I took some shots to show the size of the Mazda5 relative to these vehicles. The lighting and such isn't great, but I hope people like these pics anyway. :)

http://www.msprotege.com/members/Kaian/Mazda5vCooper.jpg

I really like smaller cars in general, and the Mini Cooper was something I thought about last year before we knew we were having a third child.

http://www.msprotege.com/members/Kaian/Mazda5vScionxB.jpg

The Scion xB is another car I considered. Notice how the Mazda5 is just a bit smaller in height than the Scion.

Holy dirty camera lens batman! Those are some foggy pics.

Anyways, that pic with the Mini is unbelievable. It blows my mind to think that you can fit "six" people in a vehicle a little bit bigger than a Mini.
I test drove a 5 this weekend and I know it can fit 3x200+ pound people comfortably and still have enough muscle to scoot around (yes)

Last edited:
the_saint said:
Holy dirty camera lens batman! Those are some foggy pics.

It's mostly weird lighting I think, but I'll check the lens. I'm using a Canon ELPH to take those shots, and I ended up turning off flash for the first shot as I kept getting lens flare effects and such. I should have turned it back on for the other shot but forgot. I also quickly ran them through Photoshop to reduce the size more manageable for the web. Anyway, I'm pretty sure the problems are more with me than the camera. Heh.

Phantom Blue?

So that's what the Phantom Blue looks like on a real car.

It is a lot darker than the color sample on the USA Mazda web site...looks much better...much more blue than greenish. Much more like the Phantom Blue sample on the Canadian Mazda site

Hopefully you can post some more pictures soon.

My local dealer only has a Carbon Gray one and the nearest Phantom Blue is 90 miles away...same for Patinum Silver, that I would also like to see for real.

Thanks, Kaian for posting pics - didn't realize how tall the scion is! (or conversely how small the 5 is) I do recall my husband standing next to the 5 and realizing how much taller he was - then realizing that he wasn't standing next to a "full sized minivan" (sounds oxymoronic).

- Ceril

thanks for posting pics, i always like looking at new 5 pics. If you are ever prone to get a new camera, besty buy has the 5 MP Kodak easy share for well under 200 bones! Its what i have and i love it.

fam said:
thanks for posting pics, i always like looking at new 5 pics. If you are ever prone to get a new camera, besty buy has the 5 MP Kodak easy share for well under 200 bones! Its what i have and i love it.

I normally use the camera to take shots of my kids in indoor settings, and it works pretty well for that. But I've had this for a few years now and will probably upgrade eventually and give this one to my wife.

Oh, and I was asked about the tint on the car. Forgot to mention that. I had been working with the dealer and they located the car I wanted at another dealer, and we agreed on the MSRP price for it.

After that we learned that the other dealer had given the car tinted windows, but my dealer didn't change the price for me so it was a bonus for me. (They knew I was very particular on what I wanted, having rejected other units for having nav or being the wrong color, etc.) I'm not sure what the exact cost of the tint would have been if I had asked for it separately, but I think it was around ~$200 if I recall what I was being told correctly. I may be totally off on that.

The tint is actually nice to have, now that I've lived with it a week. My boys are sitting in the third row and it has been pretty warm lately, but when they get into the car the third row isn't really that warm. A minute with the windows down to air things out is all it needs.

The interesting thing about your tint, Kaian, is that they tinted the side windows except for that little one right at the front. :)

perfecto said:
Forgive me then, in the first picture it looks like they are. :)

Heh, you're both wrong. The front windows do have a slight tint, but nowhere near as dark as the back windows. But the tint is included on the small triangle front window area.

perfecto said:
I second that.
doh.jpg

I found this comparison chart on posted somewhere on the net - fun to look at.

Attachments

• cars_sized.jpg
    cars_sized.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 2,193
Back