what do you think about the GS rims?

dracore

Dunno how it is in the States, but here in Canada, the GS model has different rims than the GT. You guys seen it yet? It's like 10 spokes or something like that.

I saw a demo GS outside with the 10 spokes...but combined with the Stellar Silver body colour, it didn't look so great -- the mint green body (eek!) really seemed to clash with the rims. I wonder if a better colour selection for the body will make the wheels look more attractive.

I thought the GT rims were far superior, one of the reasons I went for the GT. The GS rims looked good when I saw them on a Phantom Blue GS, though. :)

I definitely need to check out this Phantom Blue colour. Gotta see what the hype is all about. Photos don't do any justice... too bad the dealer didn't have any on display.

The carbon grey looked pretty nice too... thinking about that one as well :)

As with nearly all of the colours on the Mazda 5, the Phantom Blue has lots of depth. It changes to a greeny colour when it gets into the sunlight.

GS wheels make the front brake calipers look bigger due to tight clearance. GT wheels look sporty (good looking anyway ;) ) but kinda common to me.

vizeta said:
GS wheels make the front brake calipers look bigger due to tight clearance. GT wheels look sporty (good looking anyway ;) ) but kinda common to me.

Hmm...I didn't pay very much attention to the wheels when I was test driving. Does anyone know if there are different wheels on the US Sport vs. Touring, or are they the same?

Does the US get the 16" tires (GS) vs the 17" tires (GT)? If so, then yes the wheels are different too.

perfecto said:
Does the US get the 16" tires (GS) vs the 17" tires (GT)? If so, then yes the wheels are different too.

No, the tires are 17" on both US versions. I guess that means the wheels are probably the same too.

from mazda.co.jp and local dealer ;)
attachment.php

Attachments

• spec1_p3.jpg
    spec1_p3.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 210
Hmm they don't look that bad in that photo! Doesn't have the sporty look that's in the GT but still.. not too bad.

Back