Buy payment vs Lease

MI MSP

Ok.. I know to buy is approx 440 a month with no money down.. Anyone lease with no money down?? Curious about the payment as my MSP came in today and I am worried about the payment as I have to eat around 3k from my current lease..

Any help would be appreciated.

Hey

I worked with the finance guy at the dealership who found me 4.6% for a payment of $400.30 per month (after $500 deposit). I also had a check from Fifth-Third Bank (53.com) with me at 5.15% which would have been $409 with nothing down. I went with the 4.6% obviously! I do have great credit but by having the Fifth-Third offer in hand I got the finance guy to try harder than just Mazda Credit.

I think the residual value is going to be bad so leasing might not be a great option.

Also, on the subject of 'money' the Extended Servvice Plan for the MSP is the same price as the standard Protege, takes you to 6-years, 100,000 miles. Not a bad idea and is useable by the next owner of my car - unless I decide to void my own wrrenty :)

Also, Progressive does not have the MSP listed any differently than the regular Protege so I picked up a price break there too.

Andrew

Hey, MI, which dealer? I was told I'm getting one of the next shipment from Bill Cook - end of Jan or beginning of Feb. Can't frickin wait! We'll have to get ours together once we all get them (you too, Andr3w).

hey andr3w, how much are you paying out the door (price the monthly payment is based on) and how many months, if you don't mind me asking of course.

Albert and MI MSP - for sure we have to get together.

YellowMP5 - I am going from memory here... I got the car for MSRP of $20,500 + $168.00 doc/title/reg + 6% tax = $21,919. Take off my $500 (deposit) = $21,419, 60 months at 4.6% from Chevy Chase bank, $400.30 per month. I do have very good credit, homeowner, no late payments etc.

I signed up for the Mazda Extended Protection Plan which pumped the payment up to $422 per month. I have 60 days to decide if I want to keep the MEPP, I said yes up front because the MEPP for the MSP is the same as a regular Protege (approx $1800 to take you to 6 years, 100,000 miles. I rationalized it based on past experiences with my last three cars needing work right after the warrenty period ran out and the fact that my interest was so low I could go for it. I may decline it when the paperwork comes since 4 years, 50,000 is pretty good. What do you think?

Andrew

You can lease any car. If Mazda Credit isn't I am sure someone like Fith-Third would be willing to hold the title.

Back