Score!

jroof

Well, as I've said, I've got a deposit down on one at Vachon Mazda. When I first started looking, I called a bunch of dealers and left my number. This was in September. I just got a call from Welleseley Mazda letting me know that they have a black MSP available. I told him that I have a deposit down on one for MSRP. He said that if you come down before the weekend, he could hook me up. I'm going down tonight to take a look at my potential future car. Wish me luck!

metrowest in shrewsbury has an orange one in stock

im goin to look at it as soon as i can but im not buyin it....

AOL IM: slug420

Well, I bought the MSP tonight. 8 miles on the odometer. I pick it up tomorrow night. Beautiful car. The stereo kicks ass. I wasn't able to get too much out of it on the test drive because the roads are too slick. I did notice the pause in the turbo after the shift around 2.5k but it really didn't feel like turbo lag. Shifter is solid as hell. The clutch feels much better than my roommate's ES. Oh, those beautiful rims. I couldn't be happier.

congrats! if i ever get mine we will have to meet up...

jroof, and everyone else as well

be sure to tell your salesmen and sales managers about this site!! they should like it because they can learn more about the cars from it, and they should tell all customers about it because it makes owning a p5 or msp or protege that much better. WE want more ppl to know so when we have some MSP/mp3/p5 meets this summer we can have big turnout!

Sure, Pics will be up by the end of the week. And thanks for the congrats, all. Slug, hang in there, won't be too much longer...

Awesome! I'm happy for you jroof. I went to Metrowest in Shrewsbury today and test drove their radioactive pumpkin. They have only one and I'm first in line to get one. I decided to wait for a black one though. Last I heard it was possibly 2 weeks, but I've heard that one before. Ha, ha!

Wellesley called me yesterday in regards to their MSP but when I called back my contact Tim wasn't in yet. The guy who answered the phone was a guy named Frank Higgins, the sales manager. I said, "Thanks, all set" and quickly got off the phone. Frank use to work over at Shrewsbury but I guess hopped over to Wellesley. I don't know why though. I do know that he did nothing but bug the hell out of me over in Shewsbury. Of course I'm sure he's a nice guy but all he wanted to do was give me the typical Sales crap. He talks a lot but doesn't really say anything. Regardless, I don't care to do business with him. This is my first new car I'm buying and I want it to be as painless as possible. Frank was not going to help my plan. I am very comfortable dealing with the guys over at Shrewsbury though. That's great that everything has worked out for you at Wellesley Jroof. CONGRATS!!!!!

shrewsbury has a modded silver protege lx in the showroom

17" chrome wheels, mp3 rear valence side skirts and spoiler, and a front lip i have never seen before

i liked seeing that a dealership wasnt scared of the aftermarket like that

i called around today for mica and black MSPs seem to be everywhere around here right now....my dealership has one, morande and i think all but oneof the dealerships i called in the tri state area lookin for an orange one had blacks.....

they didnt want me to test drive the pumpkin :( i reveed it a little tho

NOT PAST 4k!!!!

Hey, it's wonderful to hear that new MSPs have finally made it all the way to the East Coast!!!

Now if they can just drive a few transporters up I-5 to Oregon, I can get mine, too. :<(

Yeah, I was looking at the silver protege today while I was waiting. I noticed it had drum brakes in the rear though. :(

For_Mica,
Yeah, I talked to Frank last night while Tim was wrapping up another deal. You're right, he's a nice enough guy but talks a lot and doesn't seem all that bright. He was eating a Dunkin' Donuts bagel sammy with egg and he had this huge piece of it on his shirt for about 10 minutes. It was quite funny. But I don't get this...what time did you call over there yesterday? I ended up talking to Tim at about noon. He said I was the first to call back. If you beat me to it, thank you so much for not making the drive out there (but why didn't you want it?)! Did you not take it just because of Frank? Anyway, thanks again for the congrats...let's just hope insurance, registration, etc all go through so I can pick it up tonight. Now all I have to do is not kill myself on those tires on the ride home and get my money back from Vachon.

I called during the morning yesterday before Tim got to work I guess. As soon as Frank answered I wanted nothing to do with it. I seriously can't stand that guy. Also, I've waited this long so another 2 weeks isn't going to be a big chore. I wouldn't mind another pay check before I get a set of snows either. Like I wrote earlier too, the guys in Shrewsbury have been really great. They left me alone to talk with the tech in the garage for as long as I wanted the other day. Big bonus points in my book. Frank did nothing but interrupt me and talk to me as if I had never seen a car before. Maybe since I've never dealt with dearlers before my tolerance level is low. I suppose that'll change in time. If I do have to deal with Frank it's going to be a couple of weeks until I chill first. Good luck with the registration stuff though. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Latest posts

Back