Mazda5 is Mine! Zoom! Zoom! Zoom!

Kaian

:
2006 Mazda5 Phantom Blue Touring
Just came back from the dealer, and I'm now a proud owner of a Mazda5! It's a Phantom Blue Touring, manual transmission, and no nav for me. :) Man it's a lot of fun to drive.

(drinks)

Congrats! How much did you get it for, if you dont mind? Also, what plans do you have for it? Post pics when you get a chance.

RODSCALIP5 said:
Congrats! How much did you get it for, if you dont mind? Also, what plans do you have for it? Post pics when you get a chance.

Right at MSRP, which is a bit under 20. (Better than the additional markup they wanted for a 'new model' and I was very happy to get the exact combination of features I wanted.) Haven't had time to take pics yet, but probably will soon. Maybe perfecto will let me send pics to him to put on his Mazda5 photo site? :) (I'm a little lazy in setting up web galleries. Heh.)

Plans are fairly minimal for the moment. The main thing I wanted was a way to get iPod support. I'm using a FM modulator to get sounds from my iPod to the stereo, which is working ok for the moment (surprisingly so, the radio spectrum here is pretty crowded and its difficult to find a clear frequency to get), but eventually I'd like to get a more dedicated input. I'll followup to that on the stereo thread I started once I come up with a serious plan.

Welcome to the forum man. I hope you enjoy your new ride. I might have to go see if the local dealer has any 5's and check one out in person.

This thread is worthless w/o pic! I wanna see interior and exterior!

Then get this body kit!
premacy0223s.jpg

Captain KRM P5 said:
might be our first Mazda5 member??? welcome!

Maybe the first one in the States (?), but perfecto bought one a little bit ago in Canada, and already has pics up:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mazda5

(taken from the "Mazda5 Gallery" thread)

Any other new owners want to reveal themselves?
Anyone else getting ready to buy soon?

Kaian said:
Maybe the first one in the States (?), but perfecto bought one a little bit ago in Canada, and already has pics up:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mazda5

(taken from the "Mazda5 Gallery" thread)

Any other new owners want to reveal themselves?
Anyone else getting ready to buy soon?

we have a black one on our lot. i sat in it and messed around with all the seats.

Wow...sweet...I'm a big fan of the Mazda5...I setup this forum a while ago...finally someone HAS ONE! Congrats Kaian (thumb)

Actually I've noticed how enthusiastic and interested you've been about the Mazda5...Kaian, would you be interested in being a Moderator for this forum? I'm not only looking for someone to keep the forum on track (along with Wongpres) but also contribute to making this a great place for current and future Mazda5 owners!

PM ME if you wish to apply! :D

Man I didn't get offered a mod position when I bought my P5. That's racial profiling!

EDIT: I just got more posts than Antoine. My E-penis is swelling.

Hey, I was first! :p

I love my 5, it is SO much fun to drive... I seriously wish there were another couple of hours in the day, just so I could drive it more.

Man it's a lot of fun to drive.

Many congratulations Kaian, I hope you love driving the 5-speed as much as I do!!! It is one very fun vehicle! :) (drive)

Last edited:
perfecto said:
Hey, I was first! :p

I love my 5, it is SO much fun to drive... I seriously wish there were another couple of hours in the day, just so I could drive it more.

Many congratulations Kaian, I hope you love driving the 5-speed as much as I do!!! It is one very fun vehicle! :) (drive)

So far it's been a blast. Just riding into work today got me a few stares, and dropping the kids off at daycare was an event as the boys couldn't wait to tell their friends. When my oldest said "My dad got a rocket rollercoaster car!" it made me laugh. They call the moonroof the "sky window" which l also think is funny.

When I get around to taking pics, could I send them to you to put up on your flickr site?

heh, a 5 speed mini-minivan that's actually fun to drive, who else could've thunk it other than some crazy company with a catchy slogan ;)

Kaian said:
When I get around to taking pics, could I send them to you to put up on your flickr site?

:) no problem Kaian... glad to see you are enjoying it as much as I am!

zoom zoom
(drive)

Back