mazda5 is beautiful in person

soccrstar

i went down to the dealership after calling of course to see if they had a mazda5 in stock

they came in yesterday 3 of em and sold 2 that day. someone had pre-ordered one and another came saw and bought.

they got one left from yesterday and one came in today

these cars are selling

I must say these cars a beautiful fits perfect between the mazda3 and MPV

i'm single with 0 kids and i like it and added to my cars to look at when its time to get rid of my '02 subbie 2.5TS sports wagon.

i only wish they had a manual to play with and for under 20K with 6 disc-mp3, moonroof, pw, pl, pm its a steal!!

I have a feeling a lot more people will be having the same response when they see the Mazda5 in person! :D

Yes, I agree that it looks way better in person. Seeing it in person takes away from that "it's a minivan" statement. I really want one of these.

I've seen it online, and built one, they're pretty cool.
I really like it, and I've already let the wife know so.
It'd fit my family perfectly (got a 6-year-old and twins on the way)
I'm gonna see if the local dealer's got any.

In conclusion:

I want one.

Last edited:
They're perfect for a family. SUVs and mini-vans are faux paux now....I agree. They're freaking nice and fit very well between the 3 and MPV...

Fortunately, the 5 will be in low production numbers for the next year, so we won't see too many on the road. I've only seen one on the street, up in Hollywood.

Mazda is headed in the right direction. Along with Toyota/Scion making the xB, people are getting these cars as a great alternative to a full size Minivan (which I drove for years.)

I like my xB, but the 5 has more class, and creature comforts. :)

mazda5_2.jpg

I checked one out about two weeks ago at the dealer and they look sweet in person...I think with a nice subtle lip kit and some bigger wheels they will be sick!

Our 5 replaced two previous minivans (1995 to 2005) for our family of 3 + one big dog. We love it and can't wait to get it back from the recall. So far we haven't missed the extra cargo room of the minivans.

We also have a 6 hatchback (er, "5-door") but the 5 is our favorite when moving 2 or more people -- it's simply more comfortable and versatile.

-mazdahatch

Yea I'm suprised how much shorter they are than in pictures. There's one at the dealership I go to with some 17's on it thats pretty nice. Its probably the only car in its class that I'd even consider buying.

2k3 PrO RiDa said:
Yea I'm suprised how much shorter they are than in pictures. There's one at the dealership I go to with some 17's on it thats pretty nice. Its probably the only car in its class that I'd even consider buying.
Just a lil background on the 5.
It's based of the 3 so it is alot smaller than any mini vans (it's a miniminivan lol), all US model 5s come w/17"s and AFAIK it is the only car in it's class.

Skylab said:
I don't understand why the 5 doesn't come with factory tinted windows. My xB has them. (huh)
It was a legalities issue. I don't know the full details, but the jist of it is Mazda would have to classify the vehicle as a truck (as opposed to a car) in order to apply factory tint. But then there were other disadvantages of classifying the Mazda5 as a truck (or it couldn't be classified as a truck at all, again I do not know the full details).

But regardless of the specifics, it was a legalities issue, hence the Mazda5 being equipped with factory tint in other markets but not the N. American market.

im trying to talk my dad into buying one now that he only has my mom and my two little sisters to haul around. me and the older sis moved out of the house so this would be perfect for them, if they are willing to move down in size from the chrysler town and country limited we had before.

As soon as I saw the 5 in a magazine, and heard that it was available with a 5spd, I was hooked. I don't care what it looks like. It seats 6, gets great mileage, and has some performace. Sign me up. Previously my wife wanted a pacifica. I'm so glad she's off that, and hooked on the 5.

case sensitive said:
As soon as I saw the 5 in a magazine, and heard that it was available with a 5spd, I was hooked. I don't care what it looks like. It seats 6, gets great mileage, and has some performace. Sign me up. Previously my wife wanted a pacifica. I'm so glad she's off that, and hooked on the 5.

(cool) Well said :D

Back