Gas Tank Size?

perfecto said:
60 litres, don't know what that translates to in Gallons.

15.8 gallons, thanks man! Have you had any chance to figure out your lpg? According to Mazda the 5 gets 27 mpg, so with a full thank you could go 426 miles. Which is pretty good.

I haven't yet, but as soon as I fill it up (about 1/2 full, and nearly 500 km on the clock) I'll let you know. :)

perfecto said:
I haven't yet, but as soon as I fill it up (about 1/2 full, and nearly 500 km on the clock) I'll let you know. :)

Wow, 310 miles on half a tank?!? Half a tank is only 8 gallons, so that's like 39 MPG. Even if I round up to 10 gallons, it still comes to 31 MPG! Too good to be true, but I'll keep my fingers crossed!

perfecto said:
351.79 miles
12.099 gallons
---
29.07 mpg

Not bad for a first tank of gas! :)

I assume it's close to 100% hwy driving. But anyway it's not bad that you could get EPA estimate. I've very curious to know mileage in city stop and go traffic.

First Tank:

268.4 miles
11.99 gallons

22.39 mpg - unlike perfecto - I've been pushing it with the A/C blasting for the past week - I'm interested to see what the 2nd tank will be like.

Filled the tank yesterday. I had about a quarter tank left.
My commute is about 80 miles a day...roughly 50% freeway (65 to 80 mph) and 50% crawling, stop and go, freeway parking lot. The A/C is on half of the time.
I get 266 miles and fill 11.12 gal.....so approx 23.9 MPG
The car is still in break-in period, that means easy on the throttle.

Auto or 5-speed?

When posting MPG, can everyone write down what they're driving (a 5-speed or an automatic) if they haven't mentioned it before in any other posts? I'd appreciate it!

miatafied: 5-speed
perfecto: 5-speed
mz5: ?

Last edited:
mz5 said:
The car is still in break-in period, that means easy on the throttle.
I haven't been thrashing it but I've had an occasional pass on the highway - or merging into traffic higher revs. I thought that break-in periods were somewhat a thing of the past. I've heard that it's good to vary speeds - not keeping the car at the same speed all the time.

Miatafied: It is just my habit with all my car..to take it easy for the 1st 1000 miles. "Easy on the throttle" means I don't stomp the gas...more like smooth throtle.

Doh...I forgot to mention I have auto....
I'll repost my MPG on the new thread...

Back