New Exhaust???

DuCKieMP3

hey guys and gals...i was wondering if any of you guys change your exhaust yet... i know the racing beat one is nice but I wanted something with a little more roar to it... any information is helpful... thank you
Hey...anyone from the New York or New Jersey area ??? o yea... found out my production number today... i'm # 313 ...wow... 312 people got it before me... number 1 must be so proud... GO MP3!!!

Ye i got one, it's little louder then the stock and you it gives some hp dont know how mach maybe 1 or 2 or more whue knows :D , check the photo album for my pictures

I got Magnaflow Performance Muffler, with i had to get coztom brackets and piping to put it on, around 300$ all together :D

You mean where i boutght it or, wher i got it put on ? Madis put it on or what ever you call them, and i got the muffler at a local speed shop for like 130 or so , he do you wona get in on the grille if i can get 5 people in trystate i can get them for 300$ or so but you gona have to pick it up or meat 1/2 or some thing, emal me if ya intrested

Hey people,

I put a post in another thread on here about exhaust, but I'll do it here too and let you know some stuff about the Racing Beat exhaust.
First, you can go to a pipe shop and a custom pipe mandrel bent for less than $200 easy. That's the quick way to get an exhaust and keep your MP3 muffler.
As far as the Racing Beat exhaust goes, it does not fit the MP3 becuase the muffler flange on the MP3 muffler fits the stock Protege exhaust. The Racing Beat pipe is bigger.
So I asked what about cutting the flange off the muffler from Racing Beat and mounting it on the MP3 muffler? They said they are looking into that. It can be done, but they don't know what effect that will have the overall horsepower gain because the muffler is 2 inch piping and the Racing Beat exhaust is 2 3/8 inch or so, the pipe is going to pinch down going into the MP3 muffler from the Racing Beat exhaust.
Also the muffler on the Racing Beat exhaust is set-up to fit the regular Protege rear bumper, not the MP3. So it won't fit right.
I have a feeling that's the way it's going to be for all the after-market exhausts made for the 2001 Protege 2.0 liter.
That's all I have for now. I'll post any info I get.

Hi Chris, Actually a friend suggested this to me: get a larger custom bent exhaust tube (or the Racing Beat Pro5 mid pipe). Then, coz the Racing Beat mid pipe won't bolt on to the 2 inch MP3 muffler tubing (or if it does, the tubes will have an impedence in flow at the connection coz of the big tube flowing into a smaller tube), cut off the tube on the MP3 muffler, dremel the hole left there that leads into the muffler from 2 inch to 2 3/8 inch, and weld on a 2 3/8 inch tube onto the muffler and bolt or clamp this onto the Pro5 mid pipe.

He suggested that the MP3 Racing Beat muffler probably has interior dimensions of 2 3/8 inches or larger (makes sense, coz it IS as aftermarket muffler after all, and I'd bet that all the Racing Beat muffler interiors are the same. They probably just weld different inlet and outlet tubes onto it depending on the application), so it would be possible to dremel the opening to match this, and save our MP3 muffler! Anyone know if this is true?

That's what i was thinking too. I aksed Racing Beat and they are supposed to be looking into how to work their exhaust in with the MP3 exhaust. I'll post it here when they figure it out.

I'm not spending money until they do...

Back