Intakes available, nobody has one?

Razhael

Now we have the Injen CAI, AEM short ram, and theres this guy in the protegetech group that posted this site for some guys that made him a custom CAI : http://www.mhptuning.com/import.html
image009.jpg

thats the pic without the CAI extention.

Anyway, any of you ppl have one of these in your mp3?

Sweet Lord, this changes everything. Yes, there's an Injen and AEM available, but I think people are skeptical to shell out the cash when it *might* not fit (they say Protege 2.0L). It would be a hassle to send it back. But wait! Now we have one that is known to fit. That thing looks pretty sweet, and its awesome that they made it so the AEM bypass will work if you add the CAI extension.

I'm very tempted to buy one of these, but alas, I don't have the cash quite yet. I look forward to future stories of all three intakes. It would also be nice to see some dynos comparing the three.

Thanks for the info!

DooMer_MP3

well guys, since im a crazy dude, i called the guys at denton (for the custom one), and have an appointment for tomorrow at noon, so i will probably get it done by 5pm, im like an hour from there so im taking the afternoon free, got the full stuff, i hope to see some improvement, i will let u guys know

Does anyone have an idea of what kind of gain you will receive from the new air intake. I think it is worth it for an extra 10 hp.

Does anyone have any information on it performance wise? :confused:

I think Injen is shipping out the 2.0 Protege intake within this week. Anybody are going to install one?

ok, as im typing they are installing the CAI on my mp3 in denton, i have to pick it up later (long drive... :( ), i talked about performance, he told me they havent dyno any mp3 but, with a CAI on a tiburon they got 16hp improvement, so he estimates from 9 to 17hp gain, depends on the engine, and also the tiburon was at the flywheel.

but since im a car iliterate, i will just tell u guys if i feel any difference in the driving! :D

Razhael,

Question... How come you didn't try to put it on yourself? I have never done anything to a car myself other than change oil/filter, but that thing looks pretty easy to throw on. Was the installation cheap? Just curious... I look forward to your results on how it "feels" :D...

DooMer_MP3

Hey guys...watch out...some of these CAI kits look like they took some stuff from the local Home Depot and slaped a imitation K&N on it...research before you buy something...

well i have it installed in my car, was lucky to let them install it for me, got an upgrade just for that :D mine was the first carbon fiber CAI for the mp3, and believe me, its all sweetness, they also gave me some stickers! they will post my ride pics later this week or next week with the carbon fiber CAI, looks wonderful!

Now for performance:

It improves the hell out of this car, trust me on this one, i could never be happier, and for those that say that this job looks cheap, go get a life or get that injen that blows your sensors away. I just put 125 to the mp3 and it was wonderful, i would say about 12-14 more hp for real, now, i could always just dyno the stuff, but as i say before, im a car iliterate, thats why i didnt even try to install that, but i got some bonus out of it!

Now, it does give a good IMPROVE to the car sound, way more agressive exhaust tone, little whistle in the engine compartment, its all good.

I truly recommend this CAI, but if u guys dont trust it, well, just go ahead and pay more for the same stuff.

Razhael,

Did you get the full CAI? Or just the Short Ram? I'm debating between ordering the Short Ram now or not... Might just wait til next spring when I can enjoy it more... :( BUT I WANT IT! :D

DooMer_MP3

Hi,

if anyone wants a CAI in Houston,
go to Z Motorsports in Spring, TX.
They know what they are doing and take 200
bucks and about 4 hours of your time for it...

GreetZ

You lucky son of a b**** :). Looks great. Carbon fiber looks very cool. I think I'll have to wait til next year though. Oh well, I'm sure it will be worth the wait to see which CAIs perform best! Good luck! :)

DooMer_MP3

Back