need help locating Motor mount

MP5Raycer

I need a upper left Motor mount for a 1995 626 4cyl automatic it is the one located directly left of the vavle cover mounted to the front of the strut tower i have gotten a qoute from Mazda at $124.90 USD and $116 from Advanced Autoparts but I know there must be a better price then that any help would be great thanks

Well, how hard do you wanna work?
That's an old enough and common enough car that you should be able to junk around for it.
If you can find a polyurethane mount that fits, those are usually about half the price you've been quoted. Time for an internet search....I havent been "the gopher" in a while, but hey:

Call 1-888-628-3247 and tell them what kind of car you have and what you need. They usually quote below anyone else (It's mazdapartstore.com, but the part is of course not listed).

I can give you some definite prices. Not knowing the engine intimately, I dont know which mount you're referring to.

8074 Engine Mount Frt. RH; 104.50

8691 Transmission Mount AT; 111.54

So with shipping you're looking at about the same as Advance. The best "quickie" answer is the phone number above.

The cheapest answer is a junkyard. These parts are not replaced like gaskets, rings, etc, so they are produced in smaller numbers. As a result, per-item cost when buying new from a retailer is higher because they have to recoup losses in design, testing, fitment, labor costs, etc.

BTW: Tip from an ex-builder: The ONLY way to shop at a junkyard is to tell them how much you will pay for the part beforehand. NEVER go into a junkyard, ask if they have a part, and then say "how much is it?" Walk in, say "if you guys have a ____ for ____model car, I'd like to get it for around $40." (I'm making up a price here) Be as nice as possible, offer to take it out yourself, make sure the guy feels like his services are valuable (because they are. These folks maintain huge stockpiles of parts so we can buy from them).
Once you become a regular at a yard, you will start paying half what everyone else gets charged. It even got to the point with me where I was getting parts so cheap I would act like I had already paid if there was another customer when I came in to pick up. Then I would stop by later and pay Jim.

Blynzoo

hey man thanks.. I mean this part is for a person i work with she is a single mother and her mazda is a hunk of s*** and i have been doing alot of mantainance on it to keep it running and when I changed teh beltson it the other week I noticed when i reached down to slip the belt on the last pully my arm got stuck so when i tired to pull up i lifted the whole engine up about 4-6 inches and so when i looked at it , it was toasted .. and I will be doing the labor on it and so its free for her and so thats why i was looking and i really appriciate you helping me out :O)

oh btw it is the standard 2.0 engine and its an automatic

Back