Mazda 5 spotted

RHAGEL

Contributor
:
06' 3 Touring
I happened to see a Mazda 5 on friday on my way home from work. It was a sea foam green. My first impression was basically a smaller MPV. It was tall and skinny and had some ugly ass euro tail lights high up towards the roof. I actually think this van is uglier in person than in the pictures. If you are hoping this car to be something, you will probably be dissapointed. Unless of coarse you like the MPV, than it may suit your taste. When it all comes down to it, it is just a mini van.

My mazda3 5door is too small with my kid coming. I have no choice since I hate suv's. :) How big did it look compared to the 5 door? ITs only supposed to be 4 inches longer!

It looked bigger, but mostly because it was taller. It was hard to tell because it was going the opposite way. If you have the $, I would consider An MPV. I seriouly think that the 5 is one of the ugliest vehicles I have ever seen. The MPV or even a 6 wagon are much more balanced well rounded vehicles. But hey, to each his own.

they offer 4k off the mpv which would make a decently equipped mpv 400 a month for 5yrs, i dont want to go 6 yrs, and my limit with a kid is 360, so im kinda stuck. Plus my wife hates the 6 wagon which i dont understand. But the 6 wagon is still an option for since its my car. The dealer told me saturday to wait until next month because he said they are gonna bring some huge incentives to the 6's. I dont know if he is referring to wagon or what but we shall see. Reason being is the stroller takes up all of her 3is trunk. Completely, which makes travelling impossible :)

I see them all the time in Japan now and even in stock form I think they are very attractive...for a mini van :D

perfecto said:
I completely disagree, I think it's very stunning to look at. The green, I dunno about as I haven't seen it but here's a link to my pictures of the Platinum Silver 5. :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mazda5
Actually your side shot isn't too bad once you have the alloy wheels and the side sill extensions. The one I saw was probably a base model, but then again it was going the opposite direction. It is amazing how many new mazda cars I have seen on the road recently. Other than the 5, Saturday I saw a Mazdaspeed RX-8 with an awesome metallic red color. I thought it was just an aftermarket built one until I looked at the color (which is not the same red as the normal RX-8) and then saw dealer plates. Then on Sunday I saw a 06 mazda 6 in a flat electric blue. It looked ok. The color was really bad and the centercaps on the wheels were gloss black which looked very cheap. Though the overall lines are much better. This one also had manufacturer plates. Not to mention I saw a MS 6 a month or so ago, which was kind of far away but was in the dark cherry color. Living near Mazdas headquarters has its perks at times.

those are some nice pics. However it does make me wonder how much more it will actually help space wise compared to a 3 HB like i have now. I guess with the back seats down ill have 3-4 ft of room?

RHAGEL said:
Actually your side shot isn't too bad once you have the alloy wheels and the side sill extensions.

Thanks - up here in Canada they aren't offering the car without the side sills so I have no choice in the matter... after the first pictures I was disappointed in the styling choices for North America as I thought the Euro model with red tails, no sills and standard roof rails was superior. After seeing it in person, I love the 5 here in North America. I'll be buying one soon.

yea that back down pic is the seller for me. I have a monstrous stroller and things i need to put in the back and put luggage in back and not sitting against the baby! Theres the selling point. Good job!

Cool, perfecto's pics show that the Mazda5 has been released and dealers in the west coast of Canada have started to get them on their lots.

As of last week, the latest I have here in Toronto is the Mazda5 starting to reach dealers either late this week or next week.

fam said:
My mazda3 5door is too small with my kid coming. I have no choice since I hate suv's. :) How big did it look compared to the 5 door? ITs only supposed to be 4 inches longer!

dude seriously get one i would b jealous those things r kewl, and beefy engine with vvt i would so envy you, i would recommend getting one if/when u do post pics

I have to get one by neccesity. The dealer said 2 months though! We shall see, when i told them they were hitting the west coast, he said " well maybe we are gonna get them earlier than we thought!" So I dunno.
Anyone wanna buy a nice white 3S 5 door for pennies on the dollar (6cd and sunroof)
16200! only 16k miles. Auto.@!@@!#!@%#!%!@

Btw i see your a duke fan, I root for dook when my team gets knocked out mostly out of respect and your school colors rock, and here is why!

I got my hands on a "Cardinal Red" Mazda 5, and let me tell you I was shocked. The colour, well, let's just say it should be "Cardinal Pink" instead of red. It's terrible!

I was hoping for a nice sporty red colour, but this... eww. Guess I'll be opting for Platinum Silver.

Why didn't Mazda elect to pick some sporty colours?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mazda5/

man you get all the great pics. Youre awesome. In some light it looks great, some it looks pink. Argh! Im going for black\silver\ or dark blue. BUT my wife has a 3i that is the dark blue so id have to be desperate. Basically since i want a 5 speed i may have to take what i can get.

you get to drive one of these things yet? Know anything about incentives? Im going crazy here :)

Yeah I've driven it, and I'll post my report up here in a bit. I posted it elsewhere, didn't want to duplicate. :) There will be no incentives on the 5, as the quantities are going to be pretty limited for this model year.

I was really keen on the red, until I saw it in person.

Latest posts

Back