Euro Mazda5 tails look much better

pee5

765512322.jpg

They should have gone with these in NA.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/FirstDrive_Summary.asp?RT_ID=215533

what do the NA ones look like. should have posted for comparison, i am too lazy to search.

perfecto said:
The Euro roof rack is awesome too... doesn't look like we're getting that here either.

i think mazda learned their lesson after the p5 roof rack fiasco.

i don't know, i think the alteeza do look cleaner

YellowMP5 said:
i think mazda learned their lesson after the p5 roof rack fiasco.

i don't know, i think the alteeza do look cleaner

just wondering but what p5 roof rack fiasco? my car didnt come with one which is why i ask.

pro5maniac said:
just wondering but what p5 roof rack fiasco? my car didnt come with one which is why i ask.

I'm wondering the same thing. Mine came with the roof rack, but I've never had an issue...takes all of 5 min to remove too...

i love my roof rack! i don't know if i'd call it a fiasco, but i'm assuming that not enough people used them to warrant the extra cost.

well back in the day...lol
mazda put a roof rack on US cars and not on canadians. pretty much everyone in US doesn't need one and pretty much everyone in canada wants one.

That and the roof rack on the P5 with the cross bars installed causes ALOT of wind noise. The front cross bar sits right over the sunroof.

REMillers said:
That and the roof rack on the P5 with the cross bars installed causes ALOT of wind noise. The front cross bar sits right over the sunroof.

yep, yep, i was going to mention and just decided to let it go. i do think the p5 looks good with the rack but when you factor in the noise and its weight, it needs to come off :)

True that. That's why I took mine off, the noise and weight didn't warrant it being there as I never use it. Still good to have for those weekend ski trips! (thumb)

i love my roof racks. i just wish my mom didnt throw away the little covers when it was still her car. so i can at leasat make it look a little like its got no roof racks once in a while.

sorry to hear. kinda weird, at least to me, that anyone would throw something like that away.

we remodeled the house (more like rebuilt since the whole thing was tore down and built) and my parents threw away alot of stuff sitting in the garage.

ah see, in that case its understandable. when everything is in boxes and you are pretty sure its all garbage, you might not want to spend the time going through them.

i keep ALL my stuff off of the car. i have SS brake lines and i kept my factory lines. i got samco hoses and i kept my stock radiator hoses. i even have my old pcv valve, o2 sensor and a spark plug, lol. don't ask why, i just like having everything in case i ever need to refer back to it.

YellowMP5 said:
ah see, in that case its understandable. when everything is in boxes and you are pretty sure its all garbage, you might not want to spend the time going through them.

i keep ALL my stuff off of the car. i have SS brake lines and i kept my factory lines. i got samco hoses and i kept my stock radiator hoses. i even have my old pcv valve, o2 sensor and a spark plug, lol. don't ask why, i just like having everything in case i ever need to refer back to it.
everything? holy shiz even old motor oil?!?!?!? (silly)

i had my old motor oil sitting in one of those enclosed pans for about 2 months after i did the oil change. i was too lazy to take it to the store. i event keep boxes. i have boxes from my door sills, ss lines, and the EDM lights that a friend of the family brought over from germany. actually i got my stock lights in those boxes

i kept my old motor oil once. but my dad got sick of it and took it to autozone i think. maybe i should do that more often just to get lazier.

Back