Second Wave of MSP

low_psi

Contributor
:
ms|slowtege #399
the tit. grey and yellow ones will have a garrett t-68 turbo instead of the t-25. looks liek mazda is ready to make some power.

and for those too lazy to look:
2003pt5mazdaspeed.jpg

:cool:

its not really taking on the look of the 6 i dont think. in what way did you mean? the picture is a little out of proportions, but the front bumper and rear spoiler are the only real big exterior changes

ok, sp the differences between the 2003 and ther 2003.5 are all asthetic?

anything beyond that? (color, spoiler, body cladding) Knob stitching etc?

pedals and shift knob are mazdaspeed instead of sparco

no orange stiching, probably yellow stitching on both if they follow the same pattern as the 03

diff exhaust tip

i think thats it

different rear bumper, front bumper, side skirts, and spoiler.
No fog lights
Yellow stiching
diff exaust
Mazdaspeed shift knob, floormats, pedals

didnt read through the posts... so this might have been said.. just thought i'd throw it out there...

on the front bumper.. that lip... i saw an 03.5 msp at the LA auto show... its just an addon lip... mp3 bumper plus MSP addon lip.. so you guys that dont like it could easily take it off... and those of us (like myself) that really dig it.. can purchase and install :)

and the wing looks alot better in person (i hated it at first)

mx3ownzj00 said:
(laugh)

maybe.......
Isn't the T-68 a lot bigger than the T-25? Like too big? Would it even work?

You sure you didn't mean T-28?

(The press release for the 2003.5 specifically said Garrett T25, for whatever that's worth.)

Last edited:
A t-68 would work, hell you could stuff alot of bigger turbos in there (lots of room), but just because it would work doesnt mean mazda will do it.
I highly doubt they will change anything else

saw an 03.5 msp at the LA auto show... its just an addon lip... mp3 bumper plus MSP addon lip.. so you guys that dont like it could easily take it off... and those of us (like myself) that really dig it.. can purchase and install

This I gotta see. It would be cool if we can. Funny though,from the pics we've seen so far, it looks like the bottom lip is all one piece....at least until I Zoom Zoom'ed in :)

Question is, how big is this lip, and where does it join?

Picture A, the arrow head pointing to what looks like a join, but if it was here, then the piece would actually be overlapping the older mp3 bumper.

bumper%20zoom.jpg

Or Picture B, which would make more sense, with the arrow heads putting to a crease or what looks like one anyways at the very bottom of the bumper. If this was it, then it would actually join onto the bottom of the bumper. But, my concern here is that if this is the case, then we may have a problem getting it to fit the MP3 and MSP. Why? Because the bottom of the bumper actually sticks out, rather then going straight down as our bumpers do now....hard to explain, but basically, the bottom of the two bumpers would be different shapes.

bumper%20zoom2.jpg

And yes I am REALLY Bored.....argueing with the damn woman again :)

Latest posts

Back