Reverse help

LBM Turbo

:
MazdaSpeed Protege
my uncle rented a mazda 6 and we can not put the car in reverse for so reason. the car is in park and will not go down. It goes over but not now. Can someone please help thanks.

brake pedal is pressed in completely and key is in acc or run position? Is the vehicle parked on a slightly steep to verry steep incline?

yeah it's gonna be hard shifting from park with any automatic on a incline. It will shift from park but not really easy like. Use the E brake before going to park will prevent this from happeneing in the near furure. Also when you do get it into reverse lightly give it gas before letting your foot off the brake cause the atx is prone to rolling forward in reverse and backwards in drive or in 1st-2nd onslightly steep to steep inclines. Kep us posted and if you can't get it into reverse call the rental agency. If for some odd reason they can't help then 1-800-866-1998. Call the rental agency 1st before attempting the # I gave you.

if you want to do it the wreckless way: have two or three buddies push the car back a few inches.....

although i wouldn't do it...

I don't reccomend that either but if you attempt to do such action make shure everyone is clear of the car when it engages gear! Rememeber what I said about the car rolling down the hill regardless what gear it's currently in.

Back