Mazda3 SP3 Horn

sajack

:
`05 SP23 & `04 MX-5 Mazdaspeed
How do I find the horn on this car? My first mod will be to replace that wimpy-sounding thing.

Honk

So, can I just remove the stock horn and plug in a Freeway Blaster from Autozone in its place?

sajack said:
So, can I just remove the stock horn and plug in a Freeway Blaster from Autozone in its place?

Theoretically, yes. But as mobomelter said, you may be less than pleased with the result.

Best bet would be to find one off a mid-60s to mid-70s American land yacht.

I just recently upgraded my wimpy sounding horn.

You want to make sure that its attached to the mounting bracket. I made the mistake and only plugged the new horn into the existing horn one wire connection and tried to see if it worked, and it didnt because the mounting bracket is the negative aspect of the wire connection.

After researching this issue, I found the solution. I relocated the new horn and added a low toned horn by attaching and extending the positive and negative wire aspects with two 16 gauge wires, 2 female and 2 male quick connects. On my last car, the horn location was right inside the middle of the grill. After looking around for a few minutes I found the prefect mounting area just behind the grill. The new set of horns sound great now.

Last edited:
If you are looking to upgrade your horn and not spend alot, check out these:

http://www.midwayautosupply.com/manufacturerminorcategory.asp?Horns

I personally purchased the Maxi Sound Universal Replacement Horns, Red and Chrome $22.98
(shocked) (includes a high and low tone)

Midway Auto Supply website sells new PRODUCTS and also accepts Pay-pal as a payment.

I've been thinking about getting one of the Ooogah Horns.

Last edited:
Back