easiest way to install ipod....

Mazda3 SP23

:
Mazda3 SP23
I'm a newbie of car. I've seen some ppl who make their own ipod adapter to their car~~~that is awsome job for those DIYer~

Is there any easy way to install? or is there aftermarket ipod connector? (encourage

(my 2nd question in this forum~~everyone here is freindly with my first post :p )

keep in mind any head unit will have a very low limit on the number of songs in a playlist as they are designed to work with CDs. You may not be able to see all the songs in a playlist over a certain limit (like 255).

Thank you guys. The links show me how difficult to make a ipod connection. (bike) (bike)

Is there any ready-made product available now? so I can easily install on my car. (lick)

what we showed you is as easy as it gets for the mazda. however, your track information will not display on the stock lcd.

EDIT: Glyph what are you talking about? the system i showed just enables rca outs from your stock stereo. all the music is still coming from the ipod. as far as i know the ipod has no limit (besides space) for playlist length.

buy a pocket dock with line out from www.sendstation.com and use an aux input with an aftermarket head unit. Either get one with an aux on the front, or an aux input in the back.

mobomelter said:
what we showed you is as easy as it gets for the mazda. however, your track information will not display on the stock lcd.

EDIT: Glyph what are you talking about? the system i showed just enables rca outs from your stock stereo. all the music is still coming from the ipod. as far as i know the ipod has no limit (besides space) for playlist length.

I believe Glyph was talking about the character limit?255?

glyph said:
buy a pocket dock with line out from www.sendstation.com and use an aux input with an aftermarket head unit. Either get one with an aux on the front, or an aux input in the back.

I've explored the website you offered already. The pocket dock seems to be a ipod battery recharger on car. I will not change my head unit till it won't destroy my LCD screen. Is there any other way to reach my purpose.

Mazda3 SP23 said:
I believe Glyph was talking about the character limit?255?

I was just throwing out a number. Most MP3 capably head units, when you read through the manual, will tell you that there's a limit with how many songs can be in a folder.

This is similar with hooking up the ipod through one of these adapters. Basically, they use the software in the head unit that would normally interact with a CD changer. These ipod adapters tell the head unit what is on the ipod in a data format recognizable by the CD changer software. Usually, that CD changer software has the same kind of limits on how many songs in a given folder/playlist. I advise checking the manual, or even with the manufacturer on any system you are looking at. This issue is explained on a couple of those sites that sell universal ipod adapters. I don't remember any of the URLs right now, sorry.

I just bought a Kenwood deck for the wife's XTerra, and I was considering the same type of deal, but that limitation was enough to keep me away from adapters that hook into the CD changer port. Eventually they will make something that is much more native to the ipod, and not just a work around.

Mazda3 SP23 said:
I've explored the website you offered already. The pocket dock seems to be a ipod battery recharger on car. I will not change my head unit till it won't destroy my LCD screen. Is there any other way to reach my purpose.

There is a version with the line out (headphone type jack) on the same plug. This is called the Pocket Dock with Line Out (masterful name, that). This will allow you to use a firewire cable, like one of those extendable ones with a car charger that has a firewire port on it. I have one with a firewire port and usb port, this kit. The Pocket Dock with Line Out comes with two cables: one that goes from a 2.5mm headphone jack to two RCA (L,R) ends, and one that has the 2.5mm jack on either end. My wife's new Kenwood head unit (MP-628) has RCA aux inputs on the back. I have run the appropriate cable from the cupholder area in the Xterra to the back of the stereo. The head unit in my pro has an aux input on the front, and I just bought an RCA aux input for the back to hook up my XM.

For me, not counting the cost of the head units:
1. pocket dock with line out $30
2. firewire charging kit $30
3. aux adapter for JVC unit in my pro, $50
4. TuneDok from belkin $30

$90 for stuff I can use in both of my cars (not counting the JVC specific unit)

Oh yeah, the other point of the pocket dock with line out, is there is a better "line level' signal (volume is not affected by the ipods volume control, same signal that comes out of the back of the dock) that comes out of the ipods socket, not the headphone jack on the top, so there is a better signal to the stereo.

There's this new mount called the PodBuddy that I am very interested in. It work work very well in the pro's cup holder I think, and put the thing at eye level.

Last edited:
Basically, my master library has over 5000 songs in it, and none of the systems I looked at would handle that much. So I just use the ipod and take it everywhere I go. I have everything set up between the car and work and just plug it in when I sit at the desk, and just plug it in when I get in the car.

Btw, don't leave the ipod in the car, it will likely keep working, but on hot days the screen looks all funny when it's been in there, and it just isn't worth the convenience of leaving it in the car. Plus it's a highly desirable item to be stolen.

is there a way to do it in a m3 iv you dont have the changer, because my car doesnt have the changer but i still want the i pod ability

This topic really has been discussed up and down in this and many other forums. There are a number of options, for a number of different purposes. It all depends on the level of sound quality you want, the price you are willing to pay, what pieces you are willing to replace, and the amount of DIY work that you want to put out.
Where is the "Posting and You" video when you need it...

A good quality often followed by a high price...nowaday,that's really common

Actually, I dont want to DIY, both because I'm lazy and unskilled, I m pretty appreciate for those guys who provide me many useful web links.

Back