West Coast MSP Buyers?

krillin

:
'05 Mitsubishi Lancer Special Ralliart Limited OZ Rally Edition
Any of you guys living in the west coast (preferably California) receive any new information on the shipping of the speeds or have had a chance to purchase one yet?

I look forward to the 2nd black msp delivered in Irvine. I'd be surprised if that happens before Christmas. Oh, also spoke to corporate who quoted a memo indicating that 120 msp's were going out as of the 5th to be delivered in USA and Canada. They'll soon be popping up everywhere. And since an orange model was sold at irvine the black ones are certainly on the way.:eek:

Last edited:
so colin is first in line for the black? i was hoping that they delivered more than 1 speed to irvine. i kinda wanted this car by next week but i guess i can wait a little bit more. i wish i could have at least drove down to look at the orange before they sold it. i wonder who the lucky guy was. :(

krillin said:
so colin is first in line for the black? i was hoping that they delivered more than 1 speed to irvine. i kinda wanted this car by next week but i guess i can wait a little bit more. i wish i could have at least drove down to look at the orange before they sold it. i wonder who the lucky guy was. :(

Right! If I'd known, I'd come down just to get another up-close-and personal look at the orange msp sold. Phuong indicated that colin put his deposit a mere 2-3 days before me and you, krillin followed more recently. Still uncertain how many msp's will be coming to irvine, although MNAO suggested as many as 6, "just like the MP3's" last year. How many black ones is unknown. Darn that Phuong for not calling to at least "whet our appetites."

he called me and was like your mazdaspeed is here, we will have it allready by thursday for you to pick up, so i was like whhat, i drove up there, and they truck of msps had left, and guy with the orange car sold left to. The trucking guy said more would come to the dealer this week so hopefully a black will come. It was very disappointing i could have it it today.

colin949 said:
someone is san diego is driving around a very happy black msp owner

I'm told that National City Mazda in SD county actually got a orange and black model. irvine only received the orange. rumor has it that irvine will get a total of 10 w/an equal split between colors!! :D (COLIN) :D(JIM) :D(LOUIE)....

Last edited:
just got this email:

Louie,
I was off yesterday, so I'm sorry that I didn't email but now I am. Your friend was correct, our first one came in last night. It's going to be our show car until we start getting some more in. Once it's pre-delivery inspected, your welcome to come see it.

Regards,
Straty

====

who's straty? ;p

Straty took Greg Foster's place who I understand no longer works there. Maybe we'll see each other come monday when i plan on testing their show car model. suppose to be on their lot for at least until the 15th of January. Woot!!

colin, it's thursday already. you get your msp yet? ;p

man, it's been awhile since colin has posted on these boards. is it possible that he's gotten his MSP? :rolleyes:

I went to irvine today and they had just pulled an orange one into the showroom. I was talking to a guy and he said that it and 3 or 4 black ones had already been sold that had come in and he thinks there may have been another that maybe was not sold.
I think he was saying that they are only getting 5-6 total.

Actually, I spoke to the fleet manager, Straty, and he told me that there was indeed an orange speed on the showroom floor but told me that there were no other speeds that came in. He told me that he would let me know when they come in. I put a down payment on one and am third in line for the black so I have no idea how they could have sold 4 black msp's. I don't think the fleet manager would lie to me either since they wouldn't have any reason to. Dunno, just my opinion.

Louie,
I sat in the orange msp in irvine's showroom on Friday, tempted to take a spin. it had 14 miles on it (drivin from where it was prepped in local site and back to dealership). i decided, since the owner was to pick it up today, i didn't want to put any unneccesary mile on it. No new models came in as of 4PM (PST) Friday. they do think at least 5 more will come - likely 3 blacks and 2 orange models (who really knows?). I'm patiently waiting and truly satisfied w/this car having closely inspecting and sitting in fore and aft positions. sound system's amazing!! i'll PM you if i get mine following colin's receipt of his black one. Ciao.

Back