What type of tires on these?

lol. and i seriously doubt (unless someone here took that picture or was there) that anyone will be able to tell what type of tires are on it. rims yes. tires no.

<---------

My guess would be that they're rubber. And black.

That's just a guess, though.

(wiggle)

Link must not work, you said lovely looking RX-8. By the stickers, I'm guessing they are ADRs.

Britt

stickers don't mean much. considering you can drive down the road and see a car with like 45 stickers and he/she doesn't have any of the parts he/she has stickers for.

122 Vega said:
Link must not work, you said lovely looking RX-8. By the stickers, I'm guessing they are ADRs.

Britt
I looked through ADR's current wheel line on their website and I didn't see anything that looked anything like those. (scratch)

mobomelter said:
wait are we talking about rims or tires? tires are rubber rims are metal.
They had asked about both tires and rims. Which would mean wheels...

Protege52003 said:
.....they are big and probably expensive.

hehe. yea. 19" im guessing. but the cost is not the issue.

the reason i am looking and asking is im planning on getting 19" tires and wheels/rims on my M3. and when i saw these tires, i wasnt sure what exactly they were. i guess they are low profile tires, am i right? i dont know. im such a nub in the car scene. hahaha... oh well.

thanks as always!! ;) :)

finding the rims is totally possible. finding the tires is, however, not possible by just seeing the sidewall but not being able to read the brand.

If you are dead set on finding out what kinda of wheel tire combination that person is running then why not e-mail the people at body-kit.com and ask them who owns the car and see if you can get a phone number or e-mail address from them and then ask that person yourself. I know that it sounds like a little bit of work but if you want something bad enough sometimes you gotta give a little to get a little. Just what I would do.

m_long84 said:
If you are dead set on finding out what kinda of wheel tire combination that person is running then why not e-mail the people at body-kit.com and ask them who owns the car and see if you can get a phone number or e-mail address from them and then ask that person yourself. I know that it sounds like a little bit of work but if you want something bad enough sometimes you gotta give a little to get a little. Just what I would do.

thanks for the advice. i think i'll do that...

hmm, i know those are low-profile tires. but the brand, thats another story. i just need to know who makes low-profile tires. or do some ppl call them 'summer tires'?

DJ_Seija_Tenshi said:

hmm, i know those are low-profile tires. but the brand, thats another story. i just need to know who makes low-profile tires. or do some ppl call them 'summer tires'?

wow you are a noob... hehe... anywho as far as the tires go, pretty much any company makes tires that are "low profile"

bridgestone --dunlop--sumitomo--goodyear--kuhmo--continental--nitto--pirelli--bf goodrich--yokahama--michelin--firestone

just to name a few.....

DJ_Seija_Tenshi said:

I think you must be a total newb! Either that or permanently (drunk)

no, not drunk. LOL!!11!!

but sadly yes, im "very newbie!" :) im just starting to get to speed with this and that of cars. eh, im currently learning but modding computers and such. so... lots of learning going around.

by the way, i know that tires for cars have this:

P215/35WR-19xl

What does this all mean? Is it 215 =215mm wide, and 35% of 215mm tall, and W-rated (speed)? but what is the xl? i notice that with a few other brands they say at the end: xl, sl, n3, noxl, [etc]...?

thanks guys~ ;)

PS: found this site: http://www.sccoa.com/faq/tirecalc.html

Keep in mind that 215=section width (widest part of the tire, usually the sidewall), not tread width.
tire.dimensions.jpeg

You're dead on with the rest.

XL on a normal tire would mean it's an "extra load" and has a higher weight-carrying capacity. I don't know if that terminology applies to lo-pro tires, though. I'll see what I can find.

Speed ratings

Info From Yokohama

This is the best I could come up with for the numbers and letters after the size:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/general/speed.jsp

Last edited:
Back