New Stereo!!!

I bought my 3 last year and just got it out of winter storage. Wanted to know others thoughts on the system I will be putting in this saturday. I am going to leave the factory HU in with all factory speakers. I think the factory stereo sounds pretty darn good in my opinion. By the way I have the 3s with every option except DVD. So I ordered the Audiobahn 1251T's 2 12" subs. For the amp I went with a Kenwood Excelon KAC-X811D that I will be running in 1ohm to both subs. I also purchased a AudioBahn 1 farad capacitor. This will all be installed in a sealed enclosure in my 5 door. I think that the factory system should power my highs and mids enough to be able to hear them okay. I am sure I will have to fine tune it a little as far as turning down bass and adjusting the fader a little. What are your opinions on the Amp and subs. I use to be a big Kenwood guy back in the late 90's when I was into stereos pretty big. I also did not want to screw around with dimming lights that is why I got the capacitor right away also. The amp and capacitor will be on a flat panel (amp rack) that will be recessed so everything will be flush with one flat carpeted looking panel (Wall) behind the seats. When you open the trunk it will be the same, two subs facing tail lights and it will look just like a full carpeted wall with no gaps. Just look like I have a smaller trunk, I do not like the square box look in a trunk. Thoughts???? Thanks Jeremy

Back