A clean fit?...in need of some advice!

Thadon77

I was thinking of purchasing Tenzo Passion 5's (18 x 7.5) with a 42 mm offset...thing is that my car is lowered using the Eiback pro-kit. I am thinking of going with 215/40 tires (Falken ZE512's)...I know alot of people with the 3 and the eibachs go with a 45mm offset and a 225/40 tire, with little or no rubbing..does anyone know if using the thinner tire (215/40 vs. 225/40) compensate for the lower offset? (42mm vs. 45mm). I don't want to have to resort to rolling my fenders...

rbmazda3 said:
thats .1181" difference. not a whole lot and prolly not enough to make a diff.

Thats what I keep saying, however the shop I want to install the srpings at doesn't want to "guarantee" anything...I figure that going with the 215's brings the tire in 5mm on both sides, more than compensating for the 3mm gain from the higher offset...

i just got the Tenzo Drivex-7's w/ 225/40/18 just go with the 225 and roll the fender its no biggie btw just my opinion i had the passion 5's on my neon b4 and u will be replacing center caps ALOT those things fly off them wheels...just so ya know but they are really nice wheels

IMHO ... options:

1. get a different wheel if a 45mm offset is not avail.
2. get the wheels you want anyway and have a shop shave them down 3mm
3. use a smaller tire
4. roll fender
5. add negative camber
6. eat doughnuts :)

Solo2Protege said:
IMHO ... options:

1. get a different wheel if a 45mm offset is not avail.
2. get the wheels you want anyway and have a shop shave them down 3mm
3. use a smaller tire
4. roll fender
5. add negative camber
6. eat doughnuts :)

Thanx for the advice...with regards to option #3...when you say smaller tire do you mean just going narrower (ie. 215/40 vs 22540) or smaller in all dimensions (ie. 215/35)?

Branden3i said:
i just got the Tenzo Drivex-7's w/ 225/40/18 just go with the 225 and roll the fender its no biggie btw just my opinion i had the passion 5's on my neon b4 and u will be replacing center caps ALOT those things fly off them wheels...just so ya know but they are really nice wheels

thanx for the heads up!...just wondering how much it cost yu to get the fenders rolled? Also what brand of tires are you running, and was the rubbing really noticeable before you got the fenders rolled?

Last edited by a moderator:
cost me nadda , nitto's, yes alot when u make a u-turn. and quite a bit when you turn going up a slope, but now it dosen't at all

thanks for the awesome link! Now I can't wait to get my rims and get it ready to roll!

Back