HID Pics

2020Pro5

:
Mazda 6 wagon and Chevy Tahoe
The Front.... See sig for side shot
Smallfrontshot.JPG

Thanks for your input guys. The lighting is SOOO much brighter, the road signs, the road reflectors, everything, i wish I did it to my tahoe first. Hahaha.
Laters,
Lanson

Nice! how blue are the 8k? I was always told never go higher than 6k. Also notice you have the same mazdaspeed holes in the bumper as me :(

Da 6 said:
Nice! how blue are the 8k? I was always told never go higher than 6k. Also notice you have the same mazdaspeed holes in the bumper as me :(

Hey man who told you not to go over 6k? And for what reason? I love the color and the brightness, if cops are a concern, than maybe 6k would be the way to go. I love when it warms up, it starts off blue, then it turns whitish, then it has a blue tint. LOVE THEM!!! As far as the holes go, ya it sux....peace out.

Lanson

Last edited:
over 6000k all you see is blue and loose visability of the road over stock cause you start getting into the ultravilot light ranges. 9K is like driving with the black lights in front of the car. also blue lights attract attetion of oncomming cars. People tend to stare at the blue hids cause they stand out sooo much. My 4100ks are so white people just assume I drive with hi beams on.

Da 6 said:
over 6000k all you see is blue and loose visability of the road over stock cause you start getting into the ultravilot light ranges. 9K is like driving with the black lights in front of the car. also blue lights attract attetion of oncomming cars. People tend to stare at the blue hids cause they stand out sooo much. My 4100ks are so white people just assume I drive with hi beams on.

for best visibility, 4100~4500K is the best. but I love my 6000K xtec kit. it's still bright and it gives little bluish light.

there is a article deep in post archives on how blue light psycologicaly affected drivers and they were lobying on banning blue non self leveling hids. they currently make it illegal to sell the kits to just anyone. people never align the beams on their halogens and imaging what they cn do wit hids misalighned going down the highway. The blue hid ban was almost as equivalent to the spinners ban cause they consider both deadly distractions. I love blue hids but after taking into consideration that my every move is being watched I refrain from blue anything on the outside of the car or car club decals.

I'll get around to doing that devider mod when I get back! Never have an opportunity to pull the bumper nowa days :(

HID's on the 6 are nice and bright. there is a metal piece in front that needs to be removed for optimal lighting(See crossbows pic above). Week after instalation my car went down and I had a rental making the hids night and day. You can find them anywhere but some shops won't install or stock them due to the fact it's an illegal modification due to the fact most people never realign the halogens when they replace them.

Last edited:
Back