Almost completed audio install... (56k go away)

very nice... mine is hopefully going to down by the end of the month, will post pics of the sweetness (going to snag my works digital camera....!!) can't wait to hear my boston speakers in action...!!

Badger Biker said:
tsunami: Keep us updated! I would LOVE to see pictures!

will deff try to hook up the pics.... you wouldn't believe these speakers i grabbed the box when i got them and it weighs like 20-25lbs....thats a lot of weight... on a side note i have no idea where the hell i am going to mount my cross overs... they are way bigger then yours and if that was the only place you found to put yours.... i am going to have to figure out something really funky i am sure... (doh)

Nice setup! I was wondering if that black thing around the speaker was to filter the water that supposedly drips down to the speaker? I remember reading something about that..... Any ways nice setup and really clean install!

Carbon - I think it's something of a water shield. I took the baffels off the stock speakers and put them on the rear of my adaptor plates so that protects the rear of teh speakers from any kind of water. Was a hellish rainstorm last night and had no problems at all :D

I haven't cut anything that stops water, and nothing seems to hit which is great. I might pull the doors off again to just make sure and if it does I'll do some trimming, but for now everything is A-ok :D

so you took the speaker cover(the black thing that covered only half of the stock speakers) off and put it on the "aftermarket" speakers? I didn't know it could fit... I HAD a 6x9 Pioneer 4ways 240watt speakers and the back two got ruined. So I bought 2 more pairs and replaced the back two and put some foam sh*t around the speaker. And the other two are on the back deck part.

I didn't put it on the speaker itself, but the spacer.

I made .5" MDF spacers to go from 5x7 to 6.5 circle. ON the back of that spacer (since it was the same size as the original speakers) I put the baffle that I had to pry off the stock speakers.

Since they are teh same size, it should fit fine. The new speakers don't touch the plastic at all, and so far no problems!

Back