BEGI Turbo Kit

Razhael

Well, I know this should be under the performance forum, but since we get more traffic here and I want everybody to take a look at this I will post it here.

As most of us know, Greddy declined making a turbo kit for our cars, there is also this guy mazdasteve which no one of us knows about it. In other words, theres no kit around.

Now, as impatient as I am, I have been looking, researching and stuff. So, as a Miata driver that I was, I remember the best available turbo kits for the Miata, so I took some issues of Sport Compact Car, and also reviewed some articles in miata.net

To make it short, the Bell Engineering Group makes the more reliable and more HP gain turbo kit available for the miata, you can browse all over the miata.net site and find this guys facinated by this kits. So I went to the website: http://www.bellengineering.net/
and thought of calling Mr. Corky Bell since he says he does custom jobs.

So I called him this morning, nice guy, told him I own a MP3 and asked him what would be the probabilities of him making a turbo kit for us, he said he would be more than glad to do it. He lives in San Antonio, TX. And he told me he would need the car for 4 to 6 weeks with a good cash deposit for the working parts. I asked about possible HP gains, and he said that with a kit with 6 tp 8 psi he estimates to get to 205 to 210 HP in the car, now, as the power hungry peep I am, I asked about possible 10psi or 12 psi, he said then he would have to install larger fuel injectors and stuff, that would make it more expensive... etc.

So, as for price, he said around 3500 - 4000 for a base kit, I know its a bit pricey, but believe me, or go document yourselfs about it, he is one of the best around for this, I prefer to pay more in order to have a reliable system, he give a 1 year warranty, and also says the system is good for more than 100,000 miles

It would be nice if any of the MP3 that are in TX and lives closer to San Antonio than what I do (im 5 hours away) and is interested, would make us a REALLY BIG FAVOR by giving his/her mp3 for turbo research purposes :D

just to let u guys know!

Where in San Antonio is he? How can I reach him??? I iwll be willing to talk to him and see what the work will entail and how much it will cost me. I dont have the money right now, but I will by the end of the year. I will just need to talk to him about everything involved and decide whether or not this is something i wnat to do at this particular point. i just bought the car and warranty concerns are what is keeping me from straight out saying yes right now. I really need a reliable car but i am jusrt aching for more power. I'm thinking about it. Give me the details on how to reach him and I will call. We'll go from there. :)

leonardo, just go to the website i posted( http://www.bellengineering.net/ ) right there is the address (spring branch) and phone number. well, im almost in the same bus u r when warranty comes around, but after some thinking i decided i will go to hell with the warranty, im paying so much for this car and i changed my miata because i wanted a more roomier but still fun car, but of course, we lack horsepower, and thats why i went for BEGI, do some research in miata.net if you want, this are the most reliable stuff out there "mazda related", we could go for a cheaper quote from another person, but this guy knows what he is doing. For more input on him: http://www.bellengineering.net/begioverview.html
also, if u read the mazda IV turbo kit explanation on their site it talks more about the way they do their job.

By the way, im also struggling right now to get the money ASAP, if i had it that would be wonderful because im leaving for a month in december and returning in middle january, that would give me time to take the car to them, but i doubt i can get the money by then (i dont want the basic stuff so im planning on saving around 5k :D )

[ 11-02-2001: Message edited by: Razhael ]

Originally posted by Razhael:
<STRONG> thought of calling Mr. Corky Bell since he says he does custom jobs.
</STRONG>

Ahhh, finally. All this talk about turbo's and someone thought to call the turbo god himself. If any of you are interested in learning anything you could ever want to know about Turbo's. I've been reading the book for a a few weeks now and it's been teaching me a whole bunch of things I never thought about. Like turbine sizing, why air to water intercooler are better, injector location for forced induction, etc. I definately recommend this book to those who are really serious about building and learn about turbo kits. Maximum Boost
boost.jpg

Guys be real i'm a owner also but 3500 or 4000 seem a bit too much in that case i would had bought the WRX......

"Zoom Zoom Zoom"

well danny, is a tastes difference, if you want to mod your car or not, or if you want to put the best kit available or the cheapest kit available, you get what you pay.

I will definately buy one after he designes them. But I live in Hawaii, so there's no way that I could possibly loan my car for a few weeks. :cool:

Whoa, sounds like people are finaly getting there shiet togeather! This sounds very promissing. And if I had the money/lived in the aread I'd do it. however I only have bearly half that ammount saved up and live sevral states away. But you can totaly tell him that he has support within this forum, I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say we are all interested. 200 hp in our cars would definatly be something to brag about. :D

I'm some what interested, but I'm still debating on if I want to build a project Miata in a year or so. :mad:

hells yeah im interested as well, just not sure how in the hell i could get my ar down there it's kind of a long trip! I also have a friend of mine who is in the mod busisness/industry and he deals with a company called "Trial" out of japan im sure some of the people on this forum have heard of it. He's looking around in Japan for me too se what he can find or what might be available in the near future

Razhael sounds kick ass but I am in NC I will definately buy one when the kit has proven itself, and I could get it and install it here by one of my mechanic buds.

well, seems like its up to me... o well, just got a new job today, im going to start saving for it and maybe if mazdasteve is no BS we can see some kit before spring next year (when i plan to go to BEGI)

like i said before.....i am interested. and i am in S.A. Talked to my wife about it cuz it will eventually be her car and she wasnt totally against it. She just has warranty concerns as I do. So far I have absolutely had no problems with this car but I keep reading on this forum about all kinds of "knocking", "clunking", "grinding", and "pulling" problems. Just makes me a little nervous. But still definitely considering it. I just dont have the cash right now. Also thinking maybe it would be better to wait a while to see what the aftermarket develops. I mean, this car is just an infant. There has not been much time for anyone to develop anything for it yet. I'm sure we will have lots available after time. I just can't make up my mind :mad: :mad: :( Dammit why cant I be more reckless and carefree like I was when I was younger!!!! Oh maybe, the wife and the 3 kids has something to do with that......Anyways dont rule me out just yet. I'll figure myself out one of these days. :D

well leonardo, its understanding especially the fact of the 3 kids. But some of us have to actually realize that aftermarket is hardly interested in this car. Look it like this, the RSX-Type S was launched a little bit after this car, and now has tons of aftermarket, or at least tons in develope (SEMA proved this).

Razhael:

It's always been that way. Hondas/Acuras have had big after-market support for a long time. But on the bright side, there might not be as much for the Protege, but at least what is available is good quality parts.

austin here tx hit me up im down for the turbo and extra stuff let me know

I think that with the popularity of this car and the booming sales of the pro5, there will be some things soon. I am hoping anyways. Anybody feel different or hear of anything from anyone that is in the works besides the mysterious "mazdasteve"???? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Latest posts

Back