Help with new MSP purchase in Toronto

arkitek

I've put my $$$ down for one a few months back but I don't think I got too good of a deal. It was as follow:

$26,995 MSRP
$895 Freight + PDI
$100 Air Tax
$75 Fuel Tax
$105 Metallic Paint
$295 Administration
$4270 15% Cdn Tax (Ouch!)
==============
$32,735 Total

The good thing is that I've put a clause in to get my full deposite refund should the car doesn not arrive by this week and of course it didn't. Now I'm on the search to find a better deal out there as there seems to be plenty available still. I realize now it was just a ploy they were using in reeling you in for an MSP by saying "we only have 1 left" like 2 months ago. Bunch of BS it was... enough with my rant.

Anyway, I did find a better deal with a car broker saving myself about $400. Sounds like a good deal I think.

Now I'm wondering if it's a good idea to go with a broker instead of a dealer even though the saving is there.

My questions:

Are there any benefits / incentives buying from a dealer versus a broker?

Would it make any differences when it comes to warranty services, extended warranty purchase, and anything else I can't think of right now?

Much appreciated for your help in the matter......

Last edited:
:wtf: Was that first quote from Downtown Mazda?? My msp came with the metallic paint included in the msp list price. They said Mazda wasn't charging extra because there were no other paint options. Also, :wtf: :wtf: my administration fee was only $50. You were getting ripped. If you want one difference between a broker and a good dealer, read my reply in the odometer thread.

My purchase agreement was with Ontario Mazda located by Dixie / 401. Having talked briefly to Avante Mazda the other day, I'm realy pissed of at Ontario Mazda now and am considering calling or writing Mazda Canada to complain. They've just lost a sale and any more from anyone that I know.

And yeah, I heard of your interesting saga with Downtown Mazda from the salesperson at Avante Mazda. Good thing you did what you did and ended up with Avante and with the first MSP in Toronto too no less. It all worked out nicely for ya. Congrats!

arkitek said:
My purchase agreement was with Ontario Mazda located by Dixie / 401. Having talked briefly to Avante Mazda the other day, I'm realy pissed of at Ontario Mazda now and am considering calling or writing Mazda Canada to complain. They've just lost a sale and any more from anyone that I know.

And yeah, I heard of your interesting saga with Downtown Mazda from the salesperson at Avante Mazda. Good thing you did what you did and ended up with Avante and with the first MSP in Toronto too no less. It all worked out nicely for ya. Congrats!

Hey arkitek I also went to the same dealer and they gave me the same pricing, did u ask them about changing the admin fee? I dont plan on paying that much either but I have not talked to them in months, this website is way more useful than they are. What number were you told for the waiting list for the car? I was told #3, if they are screwing me around I am going to flip. Who did you deal with there? I was dealing with David or Dave :confused: something like that, I have his card at home.

thanks

tekkie said:

Hey arkitek I also went to the same dealer and they gave me the same pricing, did u ask them about changing the admin fee? I dont plan on paying that much either but I have not talked to them in months, this website is way more useful than they are. What number were you told for the waiting list for the car? I was told #3, if they are screwing me around I am going to flip. Who did you deal with there? I was dealing with David or Dave :confused: something like that, I have his card at home.

thanks

I was dealing with Raul, can't remember his last name. That's a rip off as I'm now able to get it elsewhere for cheaper. Other dealers still have some available for cheaper I'm sure if you look around. And no I didn't negotiate as this was my first new car purchase and didn't know what I was doing. They'll have another one available now that I've cancelled mine.

Back