Hey Crossbow

Killer

:
2011 3 5 door
If I remove the Resonator and replace it with a straight pipe will the exhaust note change much?

Just looking for a little more sound...nothing rice. :D

It will gain a rasp, sound extremely loud, and produce no horsepower gains. Additionally you'll get a nasty drone inside the cabin at cruising speeds. Those who have taken them off, have tried to immediately put them back on. Heh.

The 6i's exhaust note gets loud REALLY fast. Ask Da 6 :).

If you want to improve your driving sound. Remove your intake resonator. Its in the driver side wheel well, under the airbox (held in by 3 bolts/nuts). That will most likely give you the sound your looking for without annoying the hell out of anyone else in the car. And its free!

bosals on was as loud as no mufflers but with a beter tone(way less rasp)! I lost low end and the ability to feel the car in return I got an intoxicating sound and M3's and C7s to ramdomly downshift on me :( 6i sounds like a V6 with intak and or exhaust :) Not the V6 6 sound but like any ordinary V6 you would come across! Iding the car was real nice! Not shure how the car is w/o resonator on stock mufflers. I only ran stock/bosals/bosals plus cai and for like 1 minute(under 60 seonds) no mufflers. only thing I noticed was lift throttle in a straight without bosals=nosedive.

Da 6 said:
bosals on was as loud as no mufflers but with a beter tone(way less rasp)! I lost low end and the ability to feel the car in return I got an intoxicating sound and M3's and C7s to ramdomly downshift on me :( 6i sounds like a V6 with intak and or exhaust :) Not the V6 6 sound but like any ordinary V6 you would come across! Iding the car was real nice! Not shure how the car is w/o resonator on stock mufflers. I only ran stock/bosals/bosals plus cai and for like 1 minute(under 60 seonds) no mufflers. only thing I noticed was lift throttle in a straight without bosals=nosedive.

ok.. need some clarification.. define "lost low end and ability to feel car"

I was considering the bosal 112-2100 myself, and I'm not sure if I want to. I'd be running stock except for the 112-2100. Have you run it with that setup? If so, how's the sound.. Is it too bumble bee or is it more throaty.. Lemme know.

I have atx and it loves to be in 4th before 30mph so on freeway I wil downshift but feel nothing. All I hear is the engine and bosals confirming I downshifted. After going back stock I have to give less throtle cause I spinn tires and when I downshift and punch it (head meets headrest) :) Nice growl and WOT is unbelevable. Once you start the car after install it's night and day. I have cars downshifting on me left and right when I had them. Louder inside than outside the car tho :( It's ok for short drives but long ones will irritate you! Dynamat is your friend!

Last edited:
ah.. so you get exhaust drone on long highway tripes I'd take it.. I suppose that gives me an excuse to upgrade the ol' stereo

yes...I'm still debating on the RB rear axle cause I mis hearing some kind of exhaust. Just the aem isn't doing it for me anymore..I want more :) RB axle and CP-e before summer ends!

How much horse power does it give you when you take off the intake resonator and how complicated is it? Thanks for saying that cause i have no clue.

no real gains were Felt/Dynoed yet to confirm or deny the loss of HP from this mod yet...

It allows you to hear the engine :). Gives it a nice growl. You can modify the airbox further...of which some people have pointed out makes it almost as fast as most of the intakes on the market.

intake resonator

How hard is it to take off the intake resonator. I looked at it, but i cant figure it out. Do you have to take off the whole intake to do it or what?

*Remove left wheel and 4 screws and like 3 plastic pop/twist rivits in splashguard.
*Removee 1 bolt on rear of resonator.
*Pull resonator twards rear of car and replace the bolt you just pulled
*Put the car back together.
Hope you used jackstands durring this process.

Da 6 said:
*Remove left wheel and 4 screws and like 3 plastic pop/twist rivits in splashguard.
*Removee 1 bolt on rear of resonator.
*Pull resonator twards rear of car and replace the bolt you just pulled
*Put the car back together.
Hope you used jackstands durring this process.

thanks.

Back