Making your own kit to mount a screen

nappyjim

I finshed the how-to on making your own screen kit to hold a 7" screen in place of your stock headunit.

Its not perfect, but a good solution for $20.

Its under the "Dash kit" heading in the Info/Faq page.

Link to main page in my sig.

with it all closed up, looks great, i really like the matching screen colors....but dude, that wiring is a mess.

Solo2Protege said:
with it all closed up, looks great, i really like the matching screen colors....but dude, that wiring is a mess.

ummmmmmm ok, its wiring, no one sees it. I dont see the logic in spending time to make wires look nice. Like i could ziptie them all together, sure. But then what happens when I need to remove just one wire or add one? I would need to cut 20 zip ties and redo the whole thing again.

I could see if the wires were visible like when people do amp and sub installs where you can see the wires, but even then, they make them look nice above ground and under eveything, they look excatly like mine.

Last edited:
sorry dude, didn't mean it as a flame...i guess after 15+ years installing 12v when i see a mess of wires it sets me off....lol It's not just the final look, but the details behind it ;)

you have a point, i just prefer to keep the complete install clean, visible or not. I applaud your pioneering efforts, the carputer is cool as hell...but i just don't spend THAT much time in the car to warrant it....lol

Sweet...does it have wireless? You could drive around nieghborhoods and get free internet. Most people don't lock out their home wireless networks. :)

Back