Superchip?

Anything that promises 1 hp per 1 USD is fake. The only mod for the 6s that adds 20 whp costs about 540 USD.

There is no superchip for the 6's yet. The only chip available is the CP-E unit...which I linked you to.

crossbow said:
There is no superchip for the 6's yet. The only chip available is the CP-E unit...which I linked you to.

Thanks. You work for those guys or something??? (shrug)

They are about 20 minutes from my house. Bunch of awesome guys. I've prototyped some of their products for the 6. Most of the dyno's posted are owner run dynos as well...the gains are real, and the customer support is fantastic.

Cool. The gains are nice, looking at the dyno's. Now, to convince the wife she needs more Horsepower...:)

check out www.unichip.us they have reprogrammable plug n play. About $800, but in my opinion, worth every penny. You are able to change back to stock settings in matter of minutes.

376.jpg
Here is chart of a stock 6s

Ah, I see. I did not notice that. I think it is still pretty impressive. CP-E has a good price, but it is not re-programmable and it is not easy to change back to stock settings. That is the last thing i want is to not pass smog. If I endup getting a 6 i need to weigh my options.

it's called sacrifice ;) Drive to test station in stock condition and after you are done go home and reconnect the intake and the wires.

CP-E is easy to change back. You just have to resolder 1 line. Its not as fast as a plug n play, but then of course you don't have to take your car to a dyno to have it tuned either.

The unichip is undoubtly the most intensive tuning apparatus available for the 6, but no one has yet been willing to pay 800 USD for 10 whp gain...when the CP-E nets you 20 for 550.

I think we'll see the unichip users jump in # once more and more cars become heavily tuned. Things like cams, full exhausts, intake manifolds, custom intakes, built up bottom ends...these type of mods would fully utilize the unichip.

Then of course SCT is still slowly working on the 6 (flasher)...so i think most people are just hoping that comes out sometime in the next 2 years.

cp-e is also prototyping their own tuner version as we speak.

Latest posts

Back