What's wrong with this CAR!!!

mileage and tranny. that and those look like knockoff Volk TE-37's not that it really matters all that much. plus like it says, you too can be a part of the fast an furious, especially with that wing(notcool)

Everyone pretty much covered why this car is at the price it is. 3rd gen RX7 engines usually don't last much past 60K miles. The only reason this one probably survived is because of the automatic tranny. But you can almost guarantee that the back rotor will have lost compression, or the apex seals will go bad in the near future. The automatic trannies in 3rd gens produce excessive heat, which causes the rear rotor in the engine to have problems. Also, who would want a car the somebody molested with an ugly bleacher seat wing and cheap as hell rims?

mazdadan said:
Everyone pretty much covered why this car is at the price it is. 3rd gen RX7 engines usually don't last much past 60K miles.

oh contrare. they'll go forever if properly maintained just like a stealth/3KGT TT tranny/transfer case will last as well............IF properly maintained:cool:

twiztedjeckel said:

oh contrare. they'll go forever if properly maintained just like a stealth/3KGT TT tranny/transfer case will last as well............IF properly maintained:cool:

After owning several RX7's I have to agree. The only problem is, the majority of the population doesn't have the time/patience to give the rotary engine the pampering it needs. My '82 RX7 was almost up to 200K on the stock motor when I sold it. I also had a nice 13B streetport in the '82 for a while that I eventually sold...that also was a very reliable motor...but I premixed the gas/oil since it had no metering oil pump. My '91 was up to 148K when the motor finally gave up the ghost. The third gens are excellent cars, but it is very difficult to find a nice used one because most rotary enthusiasts will not let them go. :D

i've said it before and i'll say it again, N/A enignes are just about bullet proof. you start adding a turbo of 2 and thats when people don't realize the potential or the responsibility that comes along with owning and upkeeping one.

heat kills rotaries. turbos increase heat significantly. do the math. :D

Dude, that was still a steal. But you guys are right, the mileage and auto tranny have a lot to do with the price....and truthfully, Chaste White would be my LAST color choice. White is not a sporty color.

Back