Mz3- Can aftermarket speakers (side doors only) improve bass on the stock?

I have a Mz3 H/B coming next week, with a normal 4 speaker lay out. Although I am not a big fan of very loud music (standard volume more than meets my needs)......I like good quality sound with a nice deep bass. As I said the M3 volume is enoug for me ....I just don't like the quality of it...none at all. Another constraint I have is that I do not want to add any extras around the car (amp, equilizer, or some big sub box in the boot).....although I might consider a mini "off the shelf" self-amplified sub that fits under one of the front seats (not sure if a mini sub exists)....which is enough just to give miniaccaptable bass if volume is kept at minimum.

My Question is this.....will changing the four speaker only.....and no other changes....be enought to at least better the sound quality or at least the bass. Other suggestions are more than welcome.

I hope you guys can help me.

the speakers will help with sound and a little with bass. but you really can't beat a subwoofer for bass.

thanks.

well....is there a sub that can fit under the seat/s with an inbuild amplifier? would like to take space from boot or anywhere else.

I was actually wondering if it is possible to buy the bose package that comes with the SP23 in the states....to install in a Europe spec car.

Correction,.......I meant NOT taking space from the boot or anywhere else, apart from under the seats....which I still do not use.

Check out Crutchfield.com they have a speaker which I believe is called the Infinity Basslink, it is a self inclusive amp, box, and woofer. It will probably be exactly what you are looking for.

Well, I assume you wear at least size 15, because you be hard pressed to find a sub small enough to fit in anything smaller. Well, if you take your foot out if it, it may work, but then you'd have wasted a perfectly good pair. Personally I'd put my sub in my trunk. Sure, the portability of a boot sub in great, but I've got an Ipod for that.

LOL, just kidding with you. UK I guess?

Dmack_901 said:
Well, I assume you wear at least size 15, because you be hard pressed to find a sub small enough to fit in anything smaller. Well, if you take your foot out if it, it may work, but then you'd have wasted a perfectly good pair. Personally I'd put my sub in my trunk. Sure, the portability of a boot sub in great, but I've got an Ipod for that.

LOL, just kidding with you. UK I guess?

not sure what you mean....will it not fit under the passenger seat? i am actually from Malta but with an english surname.

i think you would be happy just upgrading your door speakers. i would think any off the shelf brand would be fine... kenwood, boston acoustics, sony etc....though i would recomend a 4 chanel amp it would fit under the psngr seat you will never know its there. (nothing high power, like a 4-200 or something... 50 watts per channel) because at that low wattage all you are doing is cleaning up your sound by putting it through an amplifier and the new speakers will give you the bass/sound you are looking for i am sure....

Last edited:
Back